ForumsForum GamesEpic's Tactical Base vs. Base Strategy RPG!

512 77537
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Hello there AG citizens! I'm theEPICgameKING. For a while now, Kylelolcat allowed me control of his CtO spinoff: Destroy Lolcatia! Unfortunately, probably from me taking over (with his permission) and adding new RPG elements every turn (The famed: Postly Updates~), most people have now left. That makes me sad...AND DETERMINED! This game, 100% my own creation, parallels Kyle's CtO's while still being unique in that it is an RPG too! This game combines the RPG elements of Heroes, Magic, and an XP/Level system while also incorporating the strategy elements of Colony, Age of War, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Age of Empires (And every other war game), NOT TO MENTION the luck of the dice from Backgammon! Yes, it's a THREE-IN-ONE game! What could be better? Here's the Stat sheet I will be using:

Admin Stuff (For me)

Weather: Clear/Cloudy/Stormy
Time: Morning/Noon/Afternoon/Night
Temperature: Freezing/Cold/Temperate/Warm/HOT

Injured Heroes(Lose turns)

Dead Heroes(Dead, awaiting revival)

Undead Heroes (The dead revived)

Base 1 Target Building, Lvl X: 100,000*level HP
Base 1 Wall, Lvl X: Current HP/10,000*Lvl Max HP

Base 1 Heroes
Generic Hero name: Level 1, XP 0/1000 (Class)
HP: 1000*Level
MP: 100
Weapon: Starting weapon (Tier 1/2/3/4/5)
Armor: Starting armor (Tier 1/2/3/4/5)

Base 1 Resources:

Base 1 Buildings:[b]

[b]Base 1 Troops

Tier 1 Units

Infantry

Armor

Support

Striker

Troops in Battlefield between Bases

Base 2 Target Building, Lvl X: 100,000*level HP
Base 2 Wall, Lvl X: Current HP/10,000*Lvl Max HP

Base 2 Heroes

Base 2Resources:

Base 2Buildings:

Base 2 Troops
Tier 1

Infantry

Armor

Support

Striker

Never seen anything like it, right? Well, i'll try to explain.
Resources: Wood, Stone, Metal, etc. Resources are needed to build Buildings and Troops, and
repair/level your Wall. Note that the Target Building CANNOT be repaired. It can be leveled to have
more HP, though.
The Wall: Attacking units must break through the Wall before attacking the Target building.
This is tough to do, but Armor units, with their extra attack power, do best against the Wall.
Buildings: Stuff like a Quarry, Generator, Bank, etc. These produce resources. Depending on
your Base Type, you will start with different starting buildings.
Troops: I'm personally proud of this. Troops have Types; Infantry, Armor, Support, and
Striker.
Infantry are your basic foot soldiers, armed with melee weapons like swords and axes. The backbone
of any army, Infantry troops do well against Support, but lose against Armor.
Armor units are high-defence, slow-moving units like Knights and Tanks. Able to bear lots of
damage, Armor units smash through Infantry but are too slow to fight against Strikers.
Strikers are those sneaky, fragile assassin units, like Saboteurs and ninjas. Strikers can backstab
Armor units, but due to weak constitution they're easy to be picked off by Support types.
Support units stay back behind the front line. Archers, Snipers, as well as Healers and Workers are
all Support types. They can pick off Strikers, but have low defence and easily get owned by
Infantry.

Subtypes: There are a few Subtypes in addition to the basic Type of units.
Flying: Flying units can only be attacked by Support and other Flying units.
Healers help...heal, units and Heroes. Priests, Doctors, etc.
Workers are your workforce! What, you thought Buildings ran themselves? A lot of Workers, while
being suckish at combat, enhance your Resource income. With enough of them, you could be getting
DOUBLE your normal income rate!

Rank/Tier: These just explain how good your units are. You can train your units for 20% of
their starting cost to up their Rank once, and once they reach Rank 5, they're maxed and cant
upgrade anymore, but are now equal to a Rank 1 unit of the next Tier. Obviously, the best unit is a
Tier 5, Rank 5. Rank is represented by *'s next to the unit name.
Heroes: You, the player, are a Hero! You have a Type just like units, but instead of
Tier/Rank you have a Level! Doing things like killing enemies, etc. gives you XP. It takes more XP
to level up more; 1000 XP gets a Lvl1 to Lvl2, but you need 2000 to get from Lvl2 to Lvl 3. Heroes
can fight eachother when they meet, and the winner takes 10% of the TOTAL XP of the loser. Total XP
is how much XP you have total. So a Level 3 (0/3000 XP) Hero has 3000 XP (1000 for Level 2+2000 for
Level 3).

Magic: Yes! Every Hero has Magic! Unlike other games where Magic costs a set amount of MP, this
game incorporates Flexible Magic; the more you use, the stronger it is! your hero starts out with
the basics:
Cure, costs X MP and heals 50X HP
Fire: Fire Elemental damage for 25X damage and lowers target's defence, making them take 1.5x more
damage from further attacks. Further levels increase damage and defence lowering.
Ice: Ice Damage for 30x and slows down the target. Further levels increase damage and slow down the
target more.
Thunder: Electrical Damage for 40x and has a 25% chance to stun the target. Further levels increase
damage and stun chance %.
More spells can be discovered later on in the game as your Hero levels up, finds them in Dungeons,
purchases them from the Black Market, or learns them from the monsters/other heroes he/she fights
and defeats. Note that certain items increase a Hero's magic power and max MP, so if you're a
Wizard, look for these.

[b]Some places to visit (For a Hero):

Haunted Beach: Full of low-level ghosts and the occasional lost sword. Good for heroes just
starting out.
Great Plains: No, not the Midwest. Monsters here are tougher, but there's not much treasure
around.
Scary Volcano: Lots of Mines and Dungeons are located in this dormant volcano. The deeper
you go, the stronger the monsters get.
Small/Medium/Large/Jumbo Dungeon: You have to look for these, usually found in the Scary
volcano but not always. Full of treasure and monsters.
Small/Medium/Large/Jumbo Mine: These mines give some of EVERY resource for your Base every
turn. Each Day (4 turns) they degrade to the next level, with Small mines becoming Useless.
Monster Forest: The toughest of all the Locations, Legendary Monsters as well as everything
from the other locations can be found here. Legendary monsters carry supreme Rank 5 Weapons and/or
Armor, but they're Final Boss tough. Beware.
The Black Market: ANYTHING can be bought here; weapons, armor, new magic spells, even
troops! However, this is Unfair, so don't expect to get a good deal from this. I warned you now.
Base Types: Once everyone's chosen their sides, they'll have to choose a Type for their base. Type is basically your
government structure, influencing how you develop.
Kingdom: Govern as a King! Target building is Royal Palace, Buildings cost 10% less, but all
soldiers also cost Money, a unique resource for this type. Good for those who have a balance
between unit strategy and hero development.
Native Tribe: Be just like the Native Americans! Target building is Chief's Tent, divine
help costs less, but max Population is lowered. A good type for those who like to pray for Acts of
God to smash their enemy rather than beat them outright.

Necropolism: Rule the undead! Target Building is Citadel, Undead can be summoned at a cost of Bodies (Not population; bodies increases with the enemies you kill), as well as normal units. Good for those who enjoy having a swarm of units mindlessly control them.

Anarchy: No government whatsoever...wait, what? Since no one's following you, Heroes gain TRIPLE XP, but cannot build buildings, gather resources, or train units. A real challenge, focusing on Hero development over strategy.

• 512 Replies
theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Computer is being buggy. Working off friend's cell phone. Will post tommorow, hopefully.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I tell Bastan to burrow into the sand in order to cover himself up, trying to position himself right behind the dizzy foe.
I also attempt to myself quickly and kick the foe in the chest to hopefully have him trip over the mound (which is Basatan burrowed under the sand). After which I attempt to stab him while he is on the ground (providing he falls over).

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Computer is fixed, but I have been grounded because I was playing other Forum Games, and my mother does not want my playing RPs/RPGs. She belted me because I am hosting this one. *Rubs red mark on face* Advice would be appreciated.

Apologies for the update delay, but I will get to this tommorow, hopefully. It all depends on when I can sneak on. Again, I am very sorry that I haven't been able to update. Merry christmas/hanukhah(?)/solstice(for me)/whatever, happy everything.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Here is a suggestion get your own computer.

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
233 posts
Nomad

I want to join,but let me see what are the other classes are before I go into the game.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

@Raispeed55: There are four classes in the game: Infantry, Support, Armor, and Striker. Infantry is your basic melee soldiers, they gain a bonus to HP. Support are your ranged units, able to attack safely from a distance, at a cost of being weak in close combat. Armor units are slow but very sturdy, with more defence but less speed. Striker units are fast assassin-types, with more speed but less HP. Depending on your type, you will have an advantage to one other type and a weakness to another. Here's a crappy text-chart:
Striker>Support>Infantry>Armor>Striker etc...
All units start with 1000 HP and 100 MP. There is no generic class like Paladin, Wizard, Rogue, etc. None of that, this isn't D@D.
You'll also have to pick which side you want to join: The Necropolis with its ability to command swarms of the undead, or the Anarchists, which gain TRIPLE XP at the cost of not having any base or units whatsoever.

Weather: Cloudy
Time: afternoon, Day 3
Temperature: Temperate

Injured Heroes(Lose turns)
Shadowgun
Dead Heroes(Dead, awaiting revival)
Devoidless the Mod
Undead Heroes (The dead revived)

Necropolis Citadel, Lvl 1: 100,000 HP
Necropolis Wall, Lvl 1: 10,000/10,000 HP

Necropolis Heroes
Devoidless the Mod: Lvl 1, XP 0/1000 (Striker)1000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Weak mod's knife: Tier 1
Armor: Mod's leathers: Tier 1
Inventory: (0/10)
Pet: Basatan the Giant Crab Lvl 3 2250 HP
Gamermartin: Lvl 1, XP 250/1000 (Support) 1000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Hill Giant's mallet T3
Armor: Mage robes T1
Inventory: (0/10) Oak Staff T1
Matlox: Lvl 1, XP 500/1000 (Support) 1000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Oak staff T1
Armor: Mage robes T1
Inventory: (0/10) Shruiken T1, Black Leather T1
Poizaz: Lvl 1, XP 400/1000 (Infantry) 1000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Cheap Spear T1
Armor: Flimsy Shield T1
Necropolis Resources:
400/1000 Metal
1000/1000 Stone
1000/1000 Wood
1000/1000 Flesh
1000/1000 Blood
800/1000 Dark Magic
10/100 Bodies

Necropolis Buildings:
Lvl 1 Cemetary (Allows Tier 1 units to be built)
Lvl 1 Quarry (+100 Stone/Metal, 1000 Max)
Lvl 1 Undertaker (+100 Flesh/blood, 1000 Max)
Lvl 1 Evil lumbermill (+200 Wood, 1000 Max)
Lvl 1 Dark Altar (+200 Dark Magic, 1000 Max)
Lvl 1 Morgue (100 Max Bodies)
Necropolis Troops
Tier 1 Units

Infantry
1 Evil Ragdoll
Armor

Support

Striker

Anarchy's Base: Does not exist! Lol!
Anarchists (Heroes):
Sonicheroes95: Lvl 2, XP 800/2000 (Infantry) 2000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Kingdom Key T1
Armor: Bandana T1
Shadowgun453: Lvl 2, XP 0/2000 (Armor) 2000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Smallsword T1
Armor: Black Leather T1
Inventory (0/10): Robes T1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Legendary Battle Mode@Voidy vs Legendary Ghost Shogun Zokozan
Devoidless the Mod: Level 1, XP 0/1000 (Striker)0 HP, 100 MP *DEAD*
Weapon: Chipped Katana: Tier 1
Armor: Mod's leathers: Tier 1
Pet: Basatan the Giant Crab Lvl 3 1 HP (Infantry) *CRITICAL*
Legendary Ghost Shogun Zokozan: Lvl 10, 5000 HP 0 MP (Armor) 5000 XP *Dizzy!*
Weapon: Shame's Pride T3
Armor: Shame's Persistence T3
Inventory: ???
Basatan does as you ask, but the dizzy Zokozan swings his sword around, and CLEAVES YOU IN TWAIN. You dead. Basatan carries you away quickly, back to the Necropolis.
Your journey is not over! There are several options for revival:
Become Undead (Cancels level growth, very easy to be revived)
Strike a deal with ME (Haggle for your soul!)
Wait to be revived by one of your allies (They'll need to be Lvl 3 in order to have the Life spell)
Wait 5 turns.

Battle mode: Sonic and Shadow vs Pirate Deckhand
Shadowgun453: Lvl 2, XP 0/2000 (Armor) 500 HP, 100 MP *CRIPPLED*
Weapon: Smallsword T1
Armor: Black Leather T1
Inventory (1/10): Robes T1
Sonicheroes95: Lvl 2, XP 800/2000 (Infantry) 2000 HP, 100 MP
Weapon: Kingdom Key T1
Armor: Robes and Bandana T1
Pirate Deckhand Lvl 5 (Infantry) 5000 HP 1250 XP
Weapon: Cutlass T2
Armor: Parrying Dagger
Inventory: (1/10) Flintlock Pistol T2 (Ranged)
Both Sonic and Shadow try to negotiate with the Pirate Deckhand, but this fails! 1: Pirates are notoriously untrustworthy, and 2: You haven't even damaged him yet! The Deckhand charges forward and skewers Shadowgun in the leg for 1500, Injuring him!(He loses 1 turn) I keep telling you guys, if you want to negotiate, beat the enemy until near-death!

@GamerThe first thing you see is the large wooden platform, and a struggling Elf girl in chains, led to a Guillitine(?) by two Green Cross acolytes. Everyone's yelling and screaming, a general air of defiance; the main population does NOT want this to happen, but they're restrained by several lvl 20 guards. It's an execution, quick, WHAT DO?

Poizaz: Attempting to craft...*rolling dice* You use 100 Metal, 1 body, and 400 Dark Magic to SUCCESSFULLY craft...A Corrupted Sword T3! This sword can randomly apply the Corrupted status effect, weakening your foe considerably (-100 on their rolls). Good for you, you also gained 300 XP for that.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

So... This looks interesting. Am I allowed to start my own little faction using small numbers of highly advanced soldiers?

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

I know i can't move but can I still talk? If so this is what I say to the pirate, "I wasn't going to suggest taking some of your gold, I was suggesting that we take lesson on how to wield a sword better. But it too late now, Sonic kill this back stabbing rogue." If not I wait my turn.

gamermartin
gamermartin
276 posts
Farmer

I yell out "ATTACK!!!" hoping to get the people to help while I use 30mp of ice on the closest guards then assuing that they are stunned I charge past them with my hammer and I smash any guards in my way and if I make it on to the platform I throw a dagger (the one from the alter and the one from the cultist) at each of the acolytes and if I get to the girl I smash the chains with my hammer.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

"I wasn't even trying to kill you. course, I can't exactly let you hurt my friend." I step infront of shadow and use guard to block the next attack, then use cure on Shadow, then attack the pirate.

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
233 posts
Nomad

Okay,I'll be a striker then.And an Anarchist.
I go to the hunted beach and try to kill stuff so i can be useful.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Before I post...
Rick: Sorry, if you want troops, join the necropolis. If you prefer fighting everybody on your own, be an anarchist. Of course, then you wont be able to raise your own troops. HOWEVER, you might find some NPCs willing to travel with you.
Raispeed: Alright. You'll start with a Cheap Knife T1 for a weapon and a Cheap Leather T1 for armor.
Will post after shower.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

TMI dude TMI

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

Oh fine... I'll take anarchist then.

Raispeed55