ForumsThe TavernSpelling bee

22 4882
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup's school has a spelling bee every year. They have a written exam then the second round which is the one where the contestants stand in front of the school and spell. Around twenty people are chosen from the two hundred entries. Most years if three out of the twenty-five words are spelt wrong then you're out. Its not a certain score, you just have to score higher than other people. Killersup got a 44% on the written test and was still chosen for the spelling bee, and totally not procrastinating at all but how should he prepare? Its tomorrow morning...

• 22 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

One time I participated in my school spelling bee. I ended up winning it because the runner-up choked. I have to say I had to stop myself from laughing at that point. Or maybe he actually didn't know how to spell the word. I don't even think I remember what the word was anymore... oh well.

[quote]I often correct my teachers' spelling.

I find people that do that considerably annoying.

To be honest there's no real point in that unless you're a total ******bag as it gets your teacher on your bad side right away.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

During the test sound things out. I really don't have many tips as speling came easy to me :P

MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

I've been in a few spelling bees and the best way i found to prepare is to relax for one, and two sounds words out. Think of the weird spellings and how different letters create the correct sounds.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I've participated in two spelling bees and one one of them.

That seems hard to believe.
SaifurRahman
SaifurRahman
70 posts
Blacksmith

I always get picked for a spelling bee, but I always choke at the event.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You should have taken up Scrabble as a serious hobby ages ago....

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

You should have taken up Scrabble as a serious hobby ages ago....

In order to stay interested Killersup needs a friend to play a board game with. Problem number one...
Showing 16-22 of 22