ForumsSupport ForumFlash file

5 2128
SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

I don't get it.What's a flash file and how can I find/get one?

• 5 Replies
KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

If its for a game can you please put this in Programming Help!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Could you please give some more details? What do you need it for? If you can tell me this I may be able to help you.
KingRYan

gdr888
gdr888
12 posts
Nomad

i need to submit a game

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

well a flash file could be many things. a flash file(.flv) could be a game, or a movie...Youtube converts their videos to flash BTW. You make it with Adobe Flash CS3... At least thats the most popular program to make them with. You can find that software at Adobe.com under trial downloads.... I suggest trying it before you buy it.. I think it's 600 USD. And for the games, you also have to know actionscript to be able to make the games.

I hope I help you out somewhat... I'm more of a Java programmer... Sorry.
Try putting this into the programming help thread at the bottom of the community. They might be able to give you more detail.

Best regards,

~Snowman1474

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Flash file can also be .fla or .swf if thats what you mean. An .fla is what Adobe Flash uses to save projects that you are working on. An .swf is the final product, it's how your flash project is going to be online and such. It is also what online sites need to play the game. If you want to get into Adobe, it's better like Snowman said to get 30 day trial and see how you do. I don't like that 30 day trial myself, took me months to really get into Flash and learn that I love it. I do AS2(actionscript 2.0, coding language for flash), newest is AS3 but I don't know it and don't care to! If you need more info just email me or PM me!

Klaushouse

Showing 1-5 of 5