Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Armor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 4:48pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

I'm rather surprised that no one has tried to do Old Man Winter. But I do have the female counterpart...

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/icequeen-1-1.jpg

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 10:42pm

Parsat

Parsat

2,223 posts

I really like the 3 wise men, kegaumongo!

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 9:13am

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,882 posts

@dapro
Bend the arms down. They look out strait out like that. keep them strait, just angle them down a little.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 9:14am

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,882 posts

*They look odd strait out like that.
sorry

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 11:05am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,078 posts

General notifications:

# Images made with brushes are not allowed for submitting. The reason is very simple... we cannot confirm whether the person posting them is the actual artist or not and we don't want plagiarism. You are always free to ask me about it nevertheless.
To be clear about it: those that do plagiarise an image/work that has been made by others are excluded from this and any future contests.

# A short attempt was made by Cenere (thank you!) to revive the contest a while ago and submissions from that contest are free for submitting in this one as long as they are according to the Winter Theme.

And last... best!

# The first batch of Armatars will be available soon. They are selected and will be given out asap! Yay!

-------------

@ pickpocket (1) : I made the candles this big on purpose actually... if the image is scaled down, you won't be able to see them anymore. ;)

@ 70_70_70 (1) : I have to agree on the whole 'snowball fight' here... you are getting carried away by a single topic. Try to make another armatar with a different topic. Making several ones containing a figure throwing (a) snowball(s) is too much, ok? ;)

@ pickpocket (2) : The image looks nice, but what you could do is try to have the elf/dwarf/midget come out more by making it bigger inside the square. I assume you made the complete image bigger to begin with? =)

@ 70_70_70 (2) : Deleted your image of the 'Machamp' character. What does it have to do with the contest?! Off-topic posts are deleted on sight.

@ TheRed555 : I have to agree... what does your image have to do with Winter and/or Christmas? Could you please elaborate a little? ;)

@ pangtongshu : Don't wait too long with submitting one... ;)

@ xXxDAPRO89xXx : Will you be changing your armatar to have it tweaked then? Just asking... =)

@ kegaumongo : Gaudi! Que bueno! Now that's what I call original! Excellent!! And thank you! =)

@ Bronze : That's some 'cool' lady there! =)

And I'll add my latest work as well! Haven't seen any presents yet, so...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/8270292948_7682d0c4fb_m_d.jpg
Surprise!

Anyone else up for some artful submissions?! Looking great so far! =D

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 11:23am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

I'll do one, most likely on Friday after my exams finish.

Can't wait 'til I can use one of these. :D

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 3:15pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,819 posts

Administrator

Ho Ho Ho!

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 3:23pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Whoa, a lot of good ones this time. Good job everyone!

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 4:54pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,239 posts

This is definitely an armatar for Frank; Chrome did good.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 4:55pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

I'm so tempted to change my armatar...must fight urge...ugh.