ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

299 102438
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

A good day I bid all ye artfull, creative and skillfull citizens of ArmorGames! =)

It's fair to say that the revival of the Armatar Contest was a big success, with lots of wonderful and original entries for the Thanksgiving season, but... we're aiming for more!!

So let's continue this old tradition and surpass the first edition with even more entries of your original drawings in the second launch: The 2012 Winter Edition!

Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :

# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
And remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable, a mod or admin will give the decisive answer for submission.

Do note that we won't necessarily add all submissions... remember that all submissions will likely go up in batches preceding or during the actual season/holiday, and that they will eventually disappear from the Armatar roster as we approach the next theme.

We look forward to seeing your contributions, so pick up that pencil, start up your art programs, get your brain into overdrive and do your best to make 'em look good! =)

• 299 Replies
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@GhostOfHorror: hmm it seems that different countries have different ending date for winter then.....so let s wait for the Mod and Ad....what will they say about the deadline of this contest?

@ alphabetsoup: ur pic looks cool man XD
and do u get any inspiration from the Armatar pic that soccerdude mentioned?
I also think those 2 pics resemble each other very much lah XD

alphabetsoup314
alphabetsoup314
11 posts
Peasant

@70_70_70
No. I don't have access to that armatar, and haven't even seen it before. Just a coincidence that they resemble each other. *sigh* Back to the drawing board.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

I don't have access to that armatar

but u still can see it through other ppl profile, no?
and actually it was also my fav Armatar lah XD

no offense but they DO rly similar, from the sticky way u draw the man to his long shawl lah XD

oh and also the way he is climbing to a higher place :-P
but anw, nice pic u draw man XD

Back to the drawing board.

hope to see many more pics of u lah XD

ah and here s mah new pic, edited with the help from Sal and Emp (tks a bunch dude XD)

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/70_70_70/AG%20Armatar%20Contest%20Winter%20Ed/AG_logo_with_candy_canes_edited_zpscdd68d80.png

the candy is thinner, the shield is centered XD
and to make it looks more like the modified ver of AG symbol (which I also made 1 for the Tksgiving contest too, hope u still remember about it, Sal XD)

I made the cane bcome sharp and pointy lah XD

oh and can u help me to evaluate this new pic too, alphabetsoup? XD
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I leave for a couple of days and the thread is getting off topic quite a bit here... hmmm...

I'm only making a quick visit to add my own two creations for Christmas, but I'll be back tomorrow to sift through the pages that spawned since my last post, ok?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8077/8297153905_124a128f8b_q_d.jpg
My Candy Cane...

And since I was working on that one... I saw the colors and realised... nobody had made an attempt to make the fierest enemy of Santa yet! So here is...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8300810929_8d9e355092_q_d.jpg
My X-mas Grinche...

Hope you like them and maybe get inspired to make some more before Christmas arrives! =)

winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

I suggest doing animal armatars like Wolves and Deer. ( No other season armatars like mouse, gopher, woodchuck, etc. )

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

I suggest doing animal armatars like Wolves and Deer. ( No other season armatars like mouse, gopher, woodchuck, etc. )

lol actually Bronze made both Deer n Wolf lah XD

u can check the previous pages to see his masterpieces

and FYI, i saw soooo many ppl alr chose his wolf to bcome their new Armatars lah XD

and imo his Wolf pics is the MOST SUCCESSFUL one bcoz the amount of ppl chose to use it is HIGHEST lah XD

and well, after resisting sooooo much to change to awesum Chuck the Sheep made by John- the ex-head developer of AG, I also decided to change into Bronze's Wolf lah XD

but here is a quick glance about Chuck the Sheep XD

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/70_70_70/ChucktheSheepseasonalArmatar_zps32f83dee.png

actually I intended to keep it longer to dedicate mah admiration for John- one of the greatest developer I have seen, who no longer on AG but Kong :-P

but well, BRONZE'S WOLF IS ALSO TOO AWSUM LAH XD
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the praise, haha. It's getting confusing with all of the wolves around here.

@alphabetsoup
That looks awesome, man. I can't wait to see the next one.

And I might have to make some more. Maybe another wolf?

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

Maybe another wolf?

NICE TO KNOW THAT BRONZE! XD
lol maybe I ll make Wolf too XD

lesse what should i made to help mah Wolf bcome somewhat unique from other Wolves lah...........>
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

@ alphabetsoup: that looks nice. Good job

@MrDayCee: I really like the Grinch. I thought about drawing it just a few hours ago. Unfortunately, my scanner isn't working, so I can't upload anything else until I fix the problem

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@kegaumongo: oh man +_+
hope ur scanner will be fixed soon bcoz I really wanna see ur next masterpieces lah :-P

btw, do u know who made mah current Armatar? TROLOL XD

@MrDayCee: actually I luv ur monster pic also, but i dunno much about "the Grinch"
can u give me some generally info about him? and can i assume "the Grinch" is an Orc? 0_o

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Dang it DayCee, I was about to make a grinch. Oh well, yours is probably better than mine would be. Maybe I'll make a Max.....

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

@70
The Grinch is a Dr. Seuss character. Basically, he hates Christmas because it makes everyone happy.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

Dang it DayCee, I was about to make a grinch. Oh well, yours is probably better than mine would be. Maybe I'll make a Max.....

@pick:
oh wow, now another enemy of Santa? 0_o
==> do u mind telling me more about this guy named Max?

@Bronze: tks for the info man XD
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

do u mind telling me more about this guy named Max?

The Grinch's loyal pet dog. here
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

And I might have to make some more. Maybe another wolf?

That'd be nice, but what do you think about drawing a bear?
Showing 181-195 of 299