ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

299 102130
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

A good day I bid all ye artfull, creative and skillfull citizens of ArmorGames! =)

It's fair to say that the revival of the Armatar Contest was a big success, with lots of wonderful and original entries for the Thanksgiving season, but... we're aiming for more!!

So let's continue this old tradition and surpass the first edition with even more entries of your original drawings in the second launch: The 2012 Winter Edition!

Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :

# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
And remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable, a mod or admin will give the decisive answer for submission.

Do note that we won't necessarily add all submissions... remember that all submissions will likely go up in batches preceding or during the actual season/holiday, and that they will eventually disappear from the Armatar roster as we approach the next theme.

We look forward to seeing your contributions, so pick up that pencil, start up your art programs, get your brain into overdrive and do your best to make 'em look good! =)

• 299 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

How about this one?

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/bear2.jpg

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

The first one looks good on my laptop, but so does the second one lol. To me, the first one has a more painted look, the "strokes" seem more visible due to the higher color saturation. The second one, to my eye, appears to be entering the photorealism realm with a more natural color saturation.

But, I don't know if I'm correct and I don't know what you're going for. They both look awesome!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The second one looks good on my desktop, laptop, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, iPhone, iPod, and iPad.

Yes, I literally checked it with every device I have.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

*And 3DS

Jeez... Figured I missed something...

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Haha, thanks guys. Up next is Old Man Winter! Woolooloo!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

I'd go with the 2nd bear, unless you wanted the blood-like redness around the eyes.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ ForThePeople : Ahm... I have to ask you, how is your submission related to the current theme: Winter? All submissions need to be according to the current theme, ok?

@ Bronze : You do some amazing stuff I might add! But this bear would be better suited for the Spring or Summer themed edition if you ask me... grizzly bears hybernate during winter... better keep it stored for future contest then?

Still looking for some more submissions people! Keep the creativity coming! =D

Lee_Blade
Lee_Blade
97 posts
Peasant

Still looking for some more submissions people! Keep the creativity coming! =D

Mod,how long do this contest will happen?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Apparently the users have lost interest in making some more of those fantastic and creative pieces of 'Winter' artwork for other users to enjoy... sadly... =/

The contest will remain open for a little while longer, just in case anyone still has some ideas he/she is working on and wants to submit, but it won't be for long...

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Well I suppose I the contest won't stay open long enough for me to complete my idea but...

I wanted to build a 3d model of the snowman armatar I made in blender and then give it realistic lighting and texture.

I was hoping it would end up having a World of Warcraft Box art style, but I doubt I can learn how to use blender in short enough a time.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I may submit another one, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to draw something more. It would be helpful, though, to know when it officially ends: next week, next month, ... if you know what I mean

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Okay, I finally got around to completing something. Now if I can get the image to actually post I will be a happy camper. Here goes nothing:

http://i50.tinypic.com/9kbdph.jpg

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Well, I've tried to do a two more entries, but I'm not sure if they look good when scaled down.

Some sort of snowy landscape.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Paisatgenevat2_zps13ebae12.jpg

And a snowboarder.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Snowboarding2_zpscfd4d46a.jpg

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Lovin' the snowboarder. Both of them scream your motif.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Lovin' the snowboarder.

Thank you

Both of them scream your motif.

Yes, they really do
Showing 226-240 of 299