Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Armor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 4:39pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

How about this one?

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/bear2.jpg

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 4:46pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,265 posts

The first one looks good on my laptop, but so does the second one lol. To me, the first one has a more painted look, the "strokes" seem more visible due to the higher color saturation. The second one, to my eye, appears to be entering the photorealism realm with a more natural color saturation.

But, I don't know if I'm correct and I don't know what you're going for. They both look awesome!

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 6:44pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

The second one looks good on my desktop, laptop, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, iPhone, iPod, and iPad.

Yes, I literally checked it with every device I have.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 6:44pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

*And 3DS

Jeez... Figured I missed something...

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 8:13pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Haha, thanks guys. Up next is Old Man Winter! Woolooloo!

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 10:35pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,924 posts

I'd go with the 2nd bear, unless you wanted the blood-like redness around the eyes.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 5:29pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

6,829 posts

@ ForThePeople : Ahm... I have to ask you, how is your submission related to the current theme: Winter? All submissions need to be according to the current theme, ok? ;)

@ Bronze : You do some amazing stuff I might add! But this bear would be better suited for the Spring or Summer themed edition if you ask me... grizzly bears hybernate during winter... better keep it stored for future contest then? ;)

Still looking for some more submissions people! Keep the creativity coming! =D

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 6:07am

Lee_Blade

Lee_Blade

86 posts

Still looking for some more submissions people! Keep the creativity coming! =D

Mod,how long do this contest will happen?

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 10:35am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

6,829 posts

Apparently the users have lost interest in making some more of those fantastic and creative pieces of 'Winter' artwork for other users to enjoy... sadly... =/

The contest will remain open for a little while longer, just in case anyone still has some ideas he/she is working on and wants to submit, but it won't be for long... ;)

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 10:41am

Reton8

Reton8

2,265 posts

Well I suppose I the contest won't stay open long enough for me to complete my idea but...

I wanted to build a 3d model of the snowman armatar I made in blender and then give it realistic lighting and texture.

I was hoping it would end up having a World of Warcraft Box art style, but I doubt I can learn how to use blender in short enough a time.