Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Armor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:05pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,836 posts

@MrDayCee: I've just realized that you were talking about the snowflakes' background and not the reindeer's. Forget about my last post. It doesn't make sense LOL
Yes, I agree with you. The background is too dark, but I'm working on it. I'll submit a modified version soon.

I like your snowman. It is charming. About the stars, my favourite one is Starry Night... (2). The stars on the background are smaller, so in my opinion it looks much better.

@70_70_70: suggestion for your first entry. Try adding something in the background or painting it with some colours.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:25pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I really like your blue ones, kega. And great snow man, Day.

I'll try and think of a few more entries, but I used most of my ideas with the first batch. I'm really surprised no one has done a wolf yet, so I might have to do just that.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:36pm

70_70_70

70_70_70

383 posts

@kegaumongo: tks for ur suggestion, but i DID think about the background color for mah 1st pic, but when considered carefully I decided to leave it in white bcoz the guy is standing outdoor, and it s winter so the background should be white, no? X3

ah and I m still in luv with ur frozen leaves, but how can u made the leaves so easy to look? I mean it must take u quite some times to draw to leaves so that we can destinctively recognize the leaves, no? X3

@MrDayCee: as u can see, it s "leaves" not "leafs" for the sake of correct grammar lah :-P
(no hard feeling or offence here, but u r the Mod now so u should improve ur grammer n spelling, no? XD)

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:38pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,938 posts

Is there going to be a Christmas armatar contest too? If not, can we have Christmas armatars for this one?

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 2:43pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,377 posts

Is there going to be a Christmas armatar contest too? If not, can we have Christmas armatars for this one?

Christmas is considered part of Winter.

Also, I am planning on making another submission later today. The post that contains the submission may or may not include a revision of my first submission.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:03pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,813 posts

@ 70_70_70 : Allright... I'll accept your little contest and will try to make a 'snowball' related armatar for the contest. Just give me a little time and you'll see it when it's finished! ;)

And yes... you are correct, it's 'leaves', not 'leafs'. Thank you! =)

@ soccerdude2 : L.O.V.E. the snowman! Great job! And don't worry about the 'miss-fire' with the smaller version, as long as it is square (it is) it will all be allright in the end! ;)

Just remember the end result folks! What looks great in 600 x 600, might not look so well when it's scaled down to 100 x 100. Keep that in mind!!

@ kegaumongo : Don't worry, no problem! And yes, my thoughts for winter time are always in the form of a shot o'happyness in a darker corner of the year... hence my love for happy images! =)

@ Bronze : If your wolf is going to look half as good as the others, I'm already preparing my 'wow' for you! =)

@ Clancy12 : This edition is also including Christmas indeed! I was under the impression it was clear, seeing as Christmas is a part of the winter time (like Patrick pointed out), so I'm sorry if it wasn't for everyone, but you are more than welcome to enter any Christmas submissions if you want! The more the merrier! =)

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:09pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

DayCee, when will we expect the first ones to be uploaded? :D

I'll try get one in within the week, depending on how much time I've got.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 8:22pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,972 posts

Hope this works...

"Hill House"

400x400:

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/nightscene-1.png

100x100:

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/Untitled.png

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 8:57pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I love the image Palpatine, I just don't know if it will be discernible at the armatar size.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 9:21pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,972 posts

I've resized/modified some stuff

400x400:
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/nightscene2.png

100x100:
[url=http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/nightscene2size100.png]