Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Armor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 9:22pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,281 posts

@pick, GOH, and Triple 7s

Thank you for your suggestions. :) I shall go improve it now.

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 2:13am

Reton8

Reton8

2,802 posts

I'd really like to submit an armatar here, but there's too much school happening right now. What is the deadline.

Also, why do we need it to scale nicely to 100 x 100, armartars are 60 x 60 aren't they?

Also (o.0), is have any of the actually armatars been made Adobe Illustrator or the free alternative Inkscape?

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 2:15am

Reton8

Reton8

2,802 posts

Also (o.0), is have any of the actually armatars been made Adobe Illustrator or the free alternative Inkscape?

Uhhh, have* any of the actual* armatars been made in* Adobe Illustrator or the free alternative Inkscape?

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 3:06am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,232 posts

Knight

The Winter ones or the normal ones? The original ones were made by an artist who left long ago, so few know. :X

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 6:19am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,863 posts

I have two more entries to share :)

Snowflakes: second attempt with a bluish background.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Flocsdeneufonsblau3100x100.jpg

This is more of a joke than anything else. It's a Christmas tree cupcake. A workmate made them last year and they were delicious. So I thought they could fit in with the theme, seeing that nobody has drawn a Christmas tree yet.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Cupcake100x100.jpg

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 9:36am

70_70_70

70_70_70

400 posts

@kegaumongo: ur new pics r very nice, n I luv the tree cake- it looks yummy lah X3

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 9:46am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,072 posts

FYI : The question nichodemus asked is under consideration at the moment. Untill then, please hold off on submitting brushed art. I will make a general notification in this thread about it. =)

@ GhostOfHorror : Ferret and myself will be the ones doing the picking.

Joey's submission is in! Let's hope more game devs will join in the contest! Looking good! =)

@ Bronze : Great work! Allthough I have to admit that I would like to see a little more shading in that yellow snow... =P

@ pickpocket : I had to do some googling to find out who 'Slenderman' was/is, but now that I know... great thinking on your part! Original! =)

@ 70_70_70 : Santa looks better this way, good job! ;)

Oh and... you might have mighty Hercules threaten me with a huge snowball, but... I am much quicker than he is! Soooo... incomiiiiiing!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8261268542_2e43c36976_m_d.jpg
SPLAT! BULLSEYE!!

@ Reton8 : There's no definitve deadline yet... but let's say that all submissions related to Christmas have to be entered before the 25th of December and those related to New Year's before 31st of December. Winter in general will have a much longer period to work with, ok? =)

@ kegaumongo : Again... great work and the cupcake is really original! =)

But speaking of Christmas Trees... I was actually working on one myself and only finished it yesterday! I had the same thought you know... why is it that no one entered a Christmas Tree yet?! So here it is!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8493/8266883342_e990025db4_m_d.jpg
Ooooh denneboooom...

I am not entirely sure if the current background is 'too loud' so to speak... maybe I should change it to a single color, but then again... it looks colorful the way it is right now. =)

General note : I am VERY pleased with how you all give eachother constructive feedback to work with and learn from! TWO THUMBS UP for everyone on that! *bows*

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 9:54am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Also, why do we need it to scale nicely to 100 x 100, armartars are 60 x 60 aren't they?

Armatars have a few different sizes from 20x20 in comments to 60x60 in the forums to 80x80 on profiles. It's probably just that 100x100 scales easily to all of them.

Since my last question was never answered (sadface), I suppose I'll do a sort of reiteration of it/them, and hopefully it will turn out better than the last did.

So many good ones this time :O

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 11:38am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

900 posts

@Kega Love them, cupcake tree looks a bit tilted, but otherwise great.

@DayCee Alright, okay.
Hopefully if I do do one, it'll appeal to you. ;)

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 11:59am

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,879 posts

I like the tree DayCee. I like the back ground. The only suggestion I would have is maybe make the candles at the end of the branches a little smaller.