ForumsGamesGames like thief (Dark Project/Metal age/Deadly shadows)

5 5220
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

In case you guys don't know the thief series is probably one of the best series of stealth games and is probably the first game that is nearly impossible to complete unless you are unseen. (Other games have tried but this has such a hard focus)

Now I was just wondering, if you guys have played these games (They're very old) do you know any games like them? Dishonored was very close if you don't kill anyone but I'm kind of getting bored of the usual FPS genre and after playing these games again I wouldn't mind something like them. They came out ages ago but I still love them and have so much fun messing around with them.

• 5 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

try the tenchu serie, ive only played tenchu-Z myself and it's one of the better stealth games in my opinion. (your playing a ninja)

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

OMG. I do not usually use that acronym. I NEVER meet people who have played Thief. Tell me, does one guard say "TA DAY YOU DIE"? I love the games. Dishonored was pretty good, I liked the hat-tip to Thief 1 in the Assassin's Base, but I miss stealing the crap out of mansions and having an objective "Don't kill anyone, you're a thief, not a serial killer"

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I was going to suggest Dishonored. >.>

I haven't actually played any of the games you mentioned. I want to play Thief and Thief 2,

If you have an xbox360, you can download Mark of the Ninja for I believe 1200 Microsoft points. It's an indie 2D stealth game. There's an achievement for not getting spotted or killing anyone throughout the entire game, so I know it's possible. But, I like killing everyone so the non-aggressive stealth run will have to wait for a future play through.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

This might just make you happy.

I guess you don't have to look for games similar to Thief anymore.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

that games like thief return, gives me hope that 1 day there will be a next unreal tournament... can't wait

Showing 1-5 of 5