Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Technology moving too fast!?

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:18am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,853 posts

Knight

What is one thing ipads can do that computers don't? I don't understand the fascination with them.

I don't need to put it on my lap in the car or on the train.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:21am

letsgome_gome

letsgome_gome

697 posts

It's only outdated because we think we need new shiny equipment. 2GB Ram is still decent, if not sufficient for one.

yes, all of the old stuff is still good, I do not see why they call it junk a week after it comes out.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:52am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,959 posts

Knight

yes, all of the old stuff is still good, I do not see why they call it junk a week after it comes out.

Marketing, fashion, social status, convenience. People want the newer stuff "because they can". But certain organisms like transport companies for example still buy the old stuff for their drivers, because 1) some old cell phones are way sturdier, and 2) they offer no or minimal distraction (you don't want your trucker playing around on a tablet).

So in some way, I guess only certain parts of technology are advancing depending on the public demand? Which may be one reason why Frank meant that it is advancing too slowly, as it could be faster.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 5:55pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

I agree!its moving really fast and I really don't like it. Everyone has all these tablets,smart phones,game consoles,and like everything they could ever want and complain its not enough.Everything always has to be on technology.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:08pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

It's moving to fast for my wallet, that's for sure. On the other hand, space travel is moving at a snails pace. We reached the moon in 69, and then what?

Car technology is moving slow, motors haven't really improved on the most important thing. Fuel efficieny.

What I'm saying is, computer technology is steadily improving, but everything else could move faster.

Reply to Technology moving too fast!?

You must be logged in to post a reply!