Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Books you wish were movies.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 6:51pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,789 posts

Knight

Everyone likes books right? So which one do you think would be an interesting movie?

For me I think the Artemis Fowl books would do great as a movie.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 7:13pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

The Bartimaeus Trilogy would be a great movie series. Killersup loved the book series so much, then they ****ed up the ending so bad that Killersup screamed in rage in the middle of math class...

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 8:03pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

So which one do you think would be an interesting movie?

A lot of them. The problem is, movies usually screw the story over. They change it, cut it apart, and have dumb special effects and poor acting. I wouldn't wish any book I liked the horrible fate of becoming a dumb movie. Just look at what happened to Eragon, The Golden Compass, The Hunger Games, etc.

Now, if they were to become -good- movies that didn't leave out parts of the story and had good acting/special effects, that's a whole other thing.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 8:30pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

The world needs another big budget sci-fi war movie like Starship Troopers. Two books that would be perfect for that are The Forever War ( by Joe Haldeman) and Old Man's War (by John Scalzi).

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 3:18am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

For me I think the Artemis Fowl books would do great as a movie.

YES! Only problem is...they should hire a real actor to play Artemis and not some random kid that could decipher the elf writing in the beginning of book 1 like they promised..

Also..Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I know they made a tv show out of it..and I plan on watching it

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 4:18am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,299 posts

Knight

not some random kid that could decipher the elf writing in the beginning of book 1 like they promised..not some random kid that could decipher the elf writing in the beginning of book 1 like they promised..

Kid Actor?

Also..Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I know they made a tv show out of it..and I plan on watching it

There are plenty of Chinese dramas of it. And movies based on tiny slivers of that period; but you can't expect even a 3 hour epic to include everything. Try Red Cliff.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 5:24am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

The Golden Compass,

That one turned out well, they just had too many star actors.

Anyway, if they went to a good director, I would like to see The Chronicles of Darkness, Walking Chaos, and maybe some of Artemis Fowl.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 12:57pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

4,903 posts

animorphs (all of the books, they could make a movie-series or three to five movies with the entire story)

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 8:56pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,974 posts

The book i'm reading Divergent. So much action. It's relatively new. Have any of you guys read it? :3

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 9:06pm

Hikakin_Fan

Hikakin_Fan

399 posts

Maybe the rest of the Percy Jackson seires?The first one came out like 1 or 2 years ago.

Reply to Books you wish were movies.

You must be logged in to post a reply!