Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Books you wish were movies.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 10:43pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,408 posts

I don't really think that any book deserves to be ruined by Hollywood. Geezus, can't they think of origional content?

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:37pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,069 posts

Knight

Geezus, can't they think of origional content?

What's so wrong about using a book plot for a script? Unless people stop setting ridiculously high expectations to cover every single minute detail, then every book will be ''ruined''. In any case, they're two different mediums.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 11:47pm

BurnKush420

BurnKush420

102 posts

fallen angels by walter dean myers

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 12:41am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,616 posts

Kid Actor?

Needs to be in his teens..but at least one that knows what the **** he is doing. Don't want it to end up like Diary of a Wimpy Kid

There are plenty of Chinese dramas of it. And movies based on tiny slivers of that period; but you can't expect even a 3 hour epic to include everything. Try Red Cliff.

I'd imagine a few movies for it...like LOtR

As for Red Cliff..I plan on watching it..but I have my reserves. Read a summary from the back of the movie and it seems that it completely favors Cao Cao. I also imagine it would focus a lot on the action and not the impactual significance that battle had for the war and the strategical workings of Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang, and Pang Tong (as well as minor, but oh so important scenes where Zhou Yu tries to outsmart Zhuge...only ending when Zhuge pretends to be outsmarted so that Zhou could focus on the battle)

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:39am

letsgome_gome

letsgome_gome

697 posts

I think the Ravens gate by Anthony Horrowitz should be considered.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 9:01am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,069 posts

Knight

Needs to be in his teens..but at least one that knows what the **** he is doing. Don't want it to end up like Diary of a Wimpy Kid

There are actors who look sufficiently boyish.

As for Red Cliff..I plan on watching it..but I have my reserves. Read a summary from the back of the movie and it seems that it completely favors Cao Cao. I also imagine it would focus a lot on the action and not the impactual significance that battle had for the war and the strategical workings of Zhou Yu, Zhuge Liang, and Pang Tong (as well as minor, but oh so important scenes where Zhou Yu tries to outsmart Zhuge...only ending when Zhuge pretends to be outsmarted so that Zhou could focus on the battle)

The battle scenes are merely tasty fillers. Much of it is the conversation and court scenes.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 9:51pm

AJtheConquerer

AJtheConquerer

38 posts

Pendragon series

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 8:30pm

djdodd56

djdodd56

1 post

the rangers apprentice and the dragon king trilogy

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 9:57am

sasukemystery

sasukemystery

508 posts

Maybe The Demonata? But I guess it would bw classified as horrow so maybe also The Darren Shan Series ?

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 4:08pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,423 posts

Oh I also think they should've made Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Last Straw. I mean seriously they skipped a book.

Reply to Books you wish were movies.

You must be logged in to post a reply!