ForumsThe TavernAre you in your right mind?

31 6738
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So I was thinking, and I got to wondering how many people here are right-side dominant in their brain (in other words, are you left handed?)

Also curious as to whether you feel oppressed because of majority of objects are designed for the right hand dominant?

~~~Darth Caedus

• 31 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

I write and eat with my left hand and do most everything else with my right hand.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I'm somewhat able to write with both hands, but, my right hand is what I use most of the time.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i was born ambidextrous (im guessing it means im balaned? idk) but since my kindergarden teachers totally messed me up i now do certain things with my left side and some with the right.

the weirdest is that i write with my left hand but use the stylus for the nintendo ds with my right hand

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I was right handed, but I really wanted to be ambidectrous so I would spend hours writing and eating and practicing doing things with my left hand. SO I have taught myseld to be ambidextrous although my right hand is still dominant and probably always will be. Most things being made for right handed people hasn't bothered me as a result, but the one thing that I do find incredibly annoying to do with my left hand is use the mouse on my computer. So uncomfortable.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I'm ambidextrous!My left is a little more dominant though.I write more with my left and I can catch and throw a little better with my right though. I can still do a lot of stuff with my right, but I prefer my left.

collimore
collimore
45 posts
Peasant

I'm left handed and it's annoying but at the same time I kind of like it. A lot of times scissors don't work for me though and the whole computer mouse thing being on the right side mostly drives me crazy...

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Right-handed for things that are usually done sedentary, e.g. writing, computer use, using eating utensils, etc.

Left-handed for more athletic activities, like sports. My left arm is slightly bigger and stronger than my right arm.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I write with my right hand, I kick with my left foot.

My grandpa is very religious and he thinks that I'm a sign from the devil. I would say it is annoying but I can understand because of his age.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup is left eye dominant. Right handed though.

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

I have a dominant right eye, leg and arm. But I want to be ambidextrous so I am using my left hand to type this. It's not that hard. but I can't use just my left eye. It's too unclear.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So my comment was deleted? Hmm

I'll say again then...I'm left handed in hockey and golf..right handed for everything else. That tends to throw people off haha

InsertHaikuHere
InsertHaikuHere
12 posts
Nomad

I'm Ambidextrous-ish. I use my left hand for eating and writing, and my Right for other things including the mouse. But I find it weird in sports that I play Golf with my right hand, but Hockey (Which is the same principle) With my left.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

To qualify as ambidextrous, you have to be able to do stuff equally well with both of your hands. (E.G. You have to be able to write legibly with both your right and left hands.)

Being able to do different stuff with each of your hands doesn't make you ambidextrous. I can paint with my left hand, but I write with my right hand... Doesn't mean I'm ambidextrous.

Read up on it.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I write with my right hand, I kick with my left foot.

My grandpa is very religious and he thinks that I'm a sign from the devil. I would say it is annoying but I can understand because of his age.

Wait, you mean this is unusual? In basketball, when you're going for a layup, you're supposed to jump off the opposite foot from the hand you are using to lay the ball in, so it seems like most people would be more coordinated in their opposite foot. Or maybe this applies mainly to basketball players.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

(E.G. You have to be able to write legibly with both your right and left hands.)

Well I can't write legibly with either hand....does that count?
Showing 1-15 of 31