Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Are you in your right mind?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:36am

MagicTree

MagicTree

360 posts

I have a dominant right eye, leg and arm. But I want to be ambidextrous so I am using my left hand to type this. It's not that hard. :) but I can't use just my left eye. It's too unclear.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:24pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

So my comment was deleted? Hmm

I'll say again then...I'm left handed in hockey and golf..right handed for everything else. That tends to throw people off haha

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:53pm

InsertHaikuHere

InsertHaikuHere

13 posts

I'm Ambidextrous-ish. I use my left hand for eating and writing, and my Right for other things including the mouse. But I find it weird in sports that I play Golf with my right hand, but Hockey (Which is the same principle) With my left.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 9:02pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,557 posts

Knight

To qualify as ambidextrous, you have to be able to do stuff equally well with both of your hands. (E.G. You have to be able to write legibly with both your right and left hands.)

Being able to do different stuff with each of your hands doesn't make you ambidextrous. I can paint with my left hand, but I write with my right hand... Doesn't mean I'm ambidextrous.

Read up on it.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 9:14pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I write with my right hand, I kick with my left foot.

My grandpa is very religious and he thinks that I'm a sign from the devil. I would say it is annoying but I can understand because of his age.

Wait, you mean this is unusual? In basketball, when you're going for a layup, you're supposed to jump off the opposite foot from the hand you are using to lay the ball in, so it seems like most people would be more coordinated in their opposite foot. Or maybe this applies mainly to basketball players.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:08pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,313 posts

(E.G. You have to be able to write legibly with both your right and left hands.)

Well I can't write legibly with either hand....does that count?

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 12:05am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

My brother is left handed for writing, but right handed every thing else. Adaptation, or quirkiness, I have no idea.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 12:10am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

Wait, you mean this is unusual? In basketball, when you're going for a layup, you're supposed to jump off the opposite foot from the hand you are using to lay the ball in, so it seems like most people would be more coordinated in their opposite foot. Or maybe this applies mainly to basketball players.

I personally play soccer (Football) and most players use their writing hand as their kicking hand. I also jump with my right foot as well so maybe it is natural to use your opposite foot for jumping.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 3:06am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

That isn't unheard of, I think there's only one person who's left handed on my team but about half of them are left footed.

you have to be able to do stuff equally well with both of your hands.

'Equally well?' Even if you're ambidextrous chances are you're going to have a preferred writing hand.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 5:24pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

annoying to do with my left hand is use the mouse on my computer. So uncomfortable.

i never found that annoying. and its not a problem for me to use the mouse with my left hand either.

but god the scissors. i used to have such problems with scissors but now i have no problems at all since my right hand balanced it out.

My grandpa is very religious and he thinks that I'm a sign from the devil. I would say it is annoying but I can understand because of his age.

i think that might be the reason my teachers messed me up.

im the exact opposite. i write with my left and kick with my right

Reply to Are you in your right mind?

You must be logged in to post a reply!