Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Best Game Music

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 11:24pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,149 posts

Super Smash Bros: Brawl has some awesome music, also LoZ Twilight Princess has some awesome songs like Midna's Lament.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 2:28pm

kakadz

kakadz

3 posts

action music of cod :)

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 8:18am

zmajosek

zmajosek

5 posts

I have to say dishonored-drunken whaler song becouse it just suits the game and its bloody and gory.Just what kids need these days.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 9:30am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

My favorite video game music would probably have to be that found in Banjo-Kazooie. Not only did the music sound good, but the way it was incorporated into the game is ground breaking. In video games, the music you hear often depends on where you're at. Simple enough, but Banjo-Kazooie took it a step further.

In Banjo-Kazooie, the music wouldn't just reflect the world you're in, but where you are at within that world. In Spiral Mountain, you would hear a banjo playing an upbeat tune. When you began swimming underwater, you would hear the same music, but played with a xylophone instead.

In Banjo-Kazooie, you had to collect puzzle pieces. You would use these puzzle pieces to complete unfinished portraits within the over world, also known as the Witch's Lair, so you could open up new levels. As you approach these portraits, you hear the same music, just played in a different way.

Here's the music you hear in the Witch's Lair.

As you approached the portrait of Treasure Trove Cove, the music would smoothly transition to this..

Bubble Gloop Swamp's portrait?

That's not to mention how well the sound track is by itself, without the transitions and multiple variations. Each world would have it's own sound track, all of which would also change depending on where you were within those worlds (such as if you were under water).

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 4:43pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Off the top of my head, Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy X. Whenever I hear either soundtrack I am feeled with such a warm feeling.

Besides those 2, FFs always have strong soundtracks. MGS series is always very solid. The Mark of Kri, Mass Effects and Dues Ex also come to mind. I could do this all day, but I'll stop.

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 1:45am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

To NoNameC68
I would have to agree with you, I dont know if you played Banjo Tooie but the music there was just as amazing there. I remember when you crush this jiggy boulder you would grab fractions of the jiggy. For every fraction it added on to the song and it was really cool and when you had the last it would play the complete song.

I would also like to say that the TF2 music has a good selection and the new MVM game mode has quite a catchy tune

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 5:32am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

I cannot get enough of this. It's from Anno 2070. My favourite is Grinding Teeth.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 5:56am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

My favorite video game music would probably have to be that found in Banjo-Kazooie.

I'd probably have to agree with you on that one. The music wasn't fantastic on there. Not only that but the sequel did it 5x better.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 11:59am

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

I loved the Earthbound OST. Haven't heard it?

It varied several genres, and it always fitted the place you were in.

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/9545/alberteinsteinikr.png

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 5:57am

Bleyd

Bleyd

3 posts

Cave Story, hands down.

Reply to Best Game Music

You must be logged in to post a reply!