ForumsForum Games(Gaming tournament) Super Star Showdown 2012: Kongregate vs Armor Games

664 85382
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

http://i45.tinypic.com/taos3p.jpg

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Super Star Showdown series. An annual tournament for gamers from different forums to come together and compete against each other.

This edition will feature Kongregate against Armor Games. Gamers, from either forum may enter. Up to sixteen players per forum. Once enough people have signed up the tournament will begin.

The tournament follows a single elimination style structure. That means you will face one opponent per round, with the winners moving on and the losers going home.

The champion, gets rewarded with a trophy sig and avatar. Which is a specially designed art piece to commemorate their victory.

Here are the rules:

1. Scores must be submitted as a screenshot. No other proof will be accepted.

2. All rounds last for exactly 3 days (acording to GMT.) Scores posted before or after the deadline will not be accepted.

3. Hacking is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification.

• 664 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Super Star Showdown 2012

IT'S 2013

When we will start???
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Yes everybody, post the same question thirty more times and get the same answer. Who knows, maybe the answer will change the thirty first time! He is having computer issues.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

He is having computer issues.

So when will the tournament start? *trollface*
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

I'm back at last. I'll be sending out reminders to everyone and hopefully we'll be up and running soon.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
698 posts
Nomad

Can I join?

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Can I join?

Yes you can. I'm always happy to have another person signed up for my tournament.

But that also means I have a lot of updating to do.

Updated sign ups:

Kongregate

1. devourer359
2. Blizzard2000
3. MyNameIsNothing
4. tracymirkin123
5. jho05013
6. eProdigy
7. TwistedCakez
8. helltank
9. DragonArcherZ
10. SamsterSamster
11. Jaskaran2000
12. SilverEvil
13. WiiPlayer113
14. AdeebNafees
15. T6salt
16. MaistlinRajere
17. Hamuka
18. LouWeed
19. aturtledoesbite

and Armor Games:

1. Leo99rules
2. IAgreeWithYou
3. pangtongshu
4. Xxerox
5. killersup10
6. Clancy12
7. Iamthemostmanlyman
8. theEPICgameKING
9. gamermartin
10. Runescape124
11. thebluerabbit
12. Kasic
13. letâsgome
14. PwnajLeadah981
15. Bladerunner679
16. Garris
17. Sourwhatup2
18. soccerdude2
19. ArgamenPhish
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Uh, I think I signed up for AG.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Has there been a actual game posted yet, or not so? Not sure if Killersup has missed it.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Still too late to accept sign ups? You can put down if you still have the room.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

Lets get this started already! Come on i'm waiting!

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Spongebob transition *4 hours later*

*looks at thread*

What's the hold up Josh. I can't wait to start the 2012 Super Star showdown.

Someone really needs to change that...

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Tactical_Fish: Sorry. You're on the list now.

xeano321: Yes, I'm accepting sign-ups until the assessment round ends.

Ok guys, it's time to start. Since the theme for this tournament is "Josh's favorites." I think we'll start things off with an old classic, Electric Man 2.

Here's a little bit of back story to this game.

I first discovered it a few years ago, when I was looking for games to put in the Element Kingdom Series. At the time, I was getting ready to host the Electric Explosion and needed a game with a similar theme. Luckily for me, I just so happened to stumble across this gem.

Electric Man 2, is a favorite of mine because it has a nice variety of combos and pretty decent music.

One more bit of trivia. The winner of that tournament was SamsterSamster and he's playing in the Super Star Showdown on the Kongregate side.

Anyway, back on topic.

This round will last until 11:59 PM on Sunday. I always run my tournaments on GMT time, so the round ends at exactly midnight.

The top four gamers will receive their own player profile card (please allow me some time to get them finished.) and every player ranked below the top sixteen will be eliminated.

Now remember this only applies to your forum. It doesn't matter what the other people from Kongregate get. You only need to be in the top sixteen amongst the Armor Game players.

Good luck.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Does it matter which difficulty we play on? Or will different difficulties result in better scores?

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Yes, the game needs to be played on Pro mode. You will also need to have the full picture of the game in your screen shot.

This is an example of how it should look:

http://i50.tinypic.com/aovtxe.jpg

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

What's the hold up Josh. I can't wait to start the 2012 Super Star showdown.

Someone really needs to change that...

It doesn't really matter if it's 2013. This is the 2012 edition.

I already have the basic outline done for the Super Star Showdown 2013 but that's months away from being finished.

Also, please keep in mind that this tournament takes tremendous efforts to co-ordinate. I have to make sure that both forums are always on the same page before I can take the next step.

I'm sorry if I'm running a little bit behind but it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to these duel forum competitions.
Showing 76-90 of 664