Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Child Horror

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 12:17pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

From the Dead Space music videos of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Ring Around a Rosie, to gruesome nursery rhymes, and Alma of F.E.A.R, there is nothing more horrific, yet entrancing to me than horror centred around one's childhood and a child's innocence.

Anyone else fascinated by them? Why would one be interested, or repelled by them? How is the horror created? Any other examples?

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 12:35pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,842 posts

What I've never understood is why people thought singing about babies falling out of trees makes for a good kids night time song. I mean seriously who in the right mind decided that a good bedtime song has to have a decent amount of death/horror in it, it's kind of sick and twisted.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 1:45pm

ellock

ellock

277 posts

All nursery rhymes are creepy. You can find 10 here Be warned though, the stories in that list are extremely disturbing. Like I will never see Arial the same way again.

I agree though, no one in their right mind would make things like that to sing to children. The people had to be insane to some extent.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 5:41pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,785 posts

In what bedtime story did a baby fall out of a tree? Killersup doesn't remember that one...then again, he doesn't remember being told any bed time stories by parents....ever. Then again, Killersup doesn't ever remember having parents....

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 5:42pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,842 posts

Killersup, not stories, lulabyes (or however the crap you want to spell it).

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 7:27pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,785 posts

Killersup, not stories, lulabyes (or however the crap you want to spell it).

Still, it was very screwed up. Who comes up with this stuff? Creepypasta...

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 9:04pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

All nursery rhymes are creepy. You can find 10 here Be warned though,

Holy crap. I've never heard of those except the Little Mermaid. Good thing i hadn't heard of them :P

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 11:19pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

In what bedtime story did a baby fall out of a tree?

Rock a bye baby

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 1:39am

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

Animal cruelty - the farmer's wife CHOPS OFF THE TAILS of the three blind mice.

Posted Dec 12, '12 at 1:41am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

Guys, wrong idea. Horror that uses a child's innocence to create the scare, not horror in childhood ideas. OP wasn't clear.

Reply to Child Horror

You must be logged in to post a reply!