Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Mall shooting in Oregon

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 9:29pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

I think that alcohol and guns are different things. I think that the prohibition of alcohol and firearms are similar. There's even a government department, the ATF [alcohol, tobacco, and firearms] which deals with the regulation of all three.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 9:43pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

...no, it doesn't.

seems so

That doesn't really help in cases of ****/murder.

****: whit guns you also dont see **** in the middle of the road.
murder: well they are dead. nothing to be  done about it anyway.

however if they find the person it keeps him from doing it again. in these 2 cases nothing changes really.

They don't learn in a few classes though, like you've implied previously.

3 or 4 lessons of 2 hours for most.
i think you see self defense lessons as the whole pack whit assertive lessons and hand fights.
i mean solely the training defense against weapons (probably not the correct naming, but you get the point i hope)

It's an entirely different thing to ban something before everyone has it and to ban something after everyone has it.

i'm not sure here. (and not in the position to search for it atm) but if i got the country right then they already had guns when guns were prohibited in the uk.
if it wasn't uk then i dont remember the country. but i know there was 1 where it worked because the government gave everyone a year to "sell" their guns to the government.

I never said there weren't.

then why do you still need a gun to defend yourself?

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 9:46pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

PS We can make very basic guns in our basement [work]shops [like what Gibbs has got] if we have the right metal work skills, but I think that producing such guns would be against the law in the majority of jurisdictions.
Eating ones gun is a euphemism for something else. Those young men in Columbine would have been better to eat their guns before using them on others.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 10:21pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,485 posts

I think this is just sad. x_X Right after the Aurora movie theater one :O But anyways I think it's good the dude killed himself. Deserves it after that. -.-

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 10:49pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,013 posts

Right after the Aurora movie theater one

Ummm... that was half a year ago.

but I think that producing such guns would be against the law in the majority of jurisdictions.

In the US (in some states) it's legal to make your own rifle/pistol (not machine guns or full-auto) for personal use without a license, but you'd need a license to sell/give it to other people if it was made for the purpose of distribution.

Posted Dec 13, '12 at 11:27pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

hollywood judo is fake keep that in mind.

Well duh, Austin Power's JUDO CHOP is totally fake. Taekwondo, kimpo karate, jujitsu-not fake. And in real life, Judo can be used to kill someone. There's a special class that specifically teaches how to beat someone to death. I read it in an encyclopedia. Very scary stuff. Atawagaza or something like that.

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 1:27am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

judo doesn't kill it's predecessor jujutsu does.
it comes from the samurai.

hollywood judo is fake keep that in mind.

how is this relative to the topic?

hollywood is all fake anyway.

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 3:17pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,013 posts

Not sure if I should make a new thread, but there was a school shooting in Connecticut a few hours ago.

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 3:43pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,135 posts

Knight

Not sure if I should make a new thread, but there was a school shooting in Connecticut a few hours ago.

Another gun loving sick **** murdered innocent people and this time there's many kids dead.  Great job America, just let the pawn shops sell guns to anybody and it'll keep happening. We need to call our congressmen and bring down the NRA first, then ban all the ****ing guns for good!

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 4:26pm

hojoko

hojoko

556 posts

Another gun loving sick **** murdered innocent people and this time there's many kids dead.  Great job America, just let the pawn shops sell guns to anybody and it'll keep happening. We need to call our congressmen and bring down the NRA first, then ban all the ****ing guns for good!

As horrifying and tragic as this event is, you're missing the point here. Gun control would not have prevented the shooting. Criminals, as a rule, don't follow the law. It's part of the job description. As is the case with Anders Breivik, the man responsible for the Utoya shooting in Norway, Adam Lanza could have acquired his weapons through gun restriction regulations, or internationally if he chose to.
Furthermore, this isn't some gun-nut going on a rampage. The first victim of the shooting in Connecticut (which isn't redneck territory, by the way) was the shooter's mother, which hints at some very intense personal issues between the two. The murder probably would have happened regardless of the weapon chosen.

The gun isn't responsible, the man is.

Reply to Mall shooting in Oregon

You must be logged in to post a reply!