ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61257
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

or emotional stress could be added to the medicinal reasons for using pot.

i dunno what this does in this topic.
but anyway: marijuana is a down drug. not a up drug. your not going to feel better by smoking it.
marijuana enlarges the emotion your in. if you feel bad you feel worse. if you feel good you feel better.
marijuana will only worsen the state of a emotional stressed person.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Why the need for an assault riffle? Why not just a handgun for protection and the appropriate weapon for hunting? I had a pellet gun when I was a kid. It was a Russian riffle that you needed to crank, put the pellet in then close, and shoot. That was enough for me and me and my cousin were cutting bees in two with them. I eventually outgrow the need for it.
I just don't understand the need to possess and shoot using a military weapon.
Is it a power trip thing? I think those assault weapon should be banned and whoever has a retard son or an unbalanced family member should keep their ammo in a safe.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Why not just a handgun for protection

Because handguns are horribly inaccurate and lacking in stopping power. Have fun failing to penetrate body armour.
If anything, handguns should be banned for being concealable and having little other practical uses.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Have fun failing to penetrate body armour.

so robbers have body armor now aswell...
give it a few year and they break in as a professional swat group.
then you want to buy a minigun for protection or what?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

and the appropriate weapon for hunting? I had a pellet gun when I was a kid. It was a Russian riffle that you needed to crank, put the pellet in then close, and shoot.

I take it you weren't hunting in areas with wolves or bears. One shot is rarely enough, especially when time is a factor

give it a few year and they break in as a professional swat group.

Some already do.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

so robbers have body armor now aswell...

Not necessarily. It was only to illustrate how inefficient hand guns are. When analyzing situations, reasonable extremes are preferable.
I'm not arguing against gun control, just against incorrect statements.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Some already do.

wont see that happening if they knew their victims wont shoot back.
Not necessarily. It was only to illustrate how inefficient hand guns are. When analyzing situations, reasonable extremes are preferable.

is this what they learn the police aswell?
no wonder they are trigger happy...
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

[quote] Some already do.

wont see that happening if they knew their victims wont shoot back. [/quote]

or did you mend the 'mission impossible style" robbers?
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I know little about marijuana. I have heard anecdotal evidence from some potheads that smoking weed calms them down. I am seeking ways of recognising and calming down those emotionally stressed enough to go on a shooting spree.
I think that people going into panic mode and buying defensive firearms is only going to raise stress levels [which are already high because of the recent shootings]. Perhaps we could all take a deep breath and calm down. Let's mourn the dead. The shooters were living human beings too. How did they get where they got? How can we prevent others following them? We can save some people from going down the same path.

Perhaps one solution is to play Armour Games rather than inflict your pain on innocent bystanders, or to buy a musical instrument and take your frustrations out on that. Pete Townsend of The Who said if he hadn't become a musician he would have been a window smasher. Whatever.
Be something other than the person who goes on the shooting spree.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

is this what they learn the police aswell?
no wonder they are trigger happy...

Are you implying that a majority of police officers kill unnecessarily? You're probably also going to say that because of the Oregon mall shooting that every single gun owner is plotting to shoot up a mall.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I am seeking ways of recognising and calming down those emotionally stressed enough to go on a shooting spree.

while your stoned, your not going to do a shooting spree. thats for sure.
but it lasts like 2 maybe 3 hours max.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

You're probably also going to say that because of the Oregon mall shooting that every single gun owner is plotting to shoot up a mall.

ofcourse!!! hahaha xD
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Are you implying that a majority of police officers kill unnecessarily?

maybe.
i do know that 1+1=2
so if hand guns have no use and the police uses hand guns then every shooting by a police man is what, harmless?
2+1=3
if they learn that the police. i dont see why they shouldn't be trigger happy.
(the public does the same if i have to believe the pro-gun people. so...)

every single gun owner is plotting to shoot up a mall.

2nd thought:
this will fix some of my problems.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Perhaps the 2 or 3 hours someone is stoned for would be the crucial hours when they would go out and kill the innocent. I would like a drug that has a longer term effect and is legal. The doctors have medicines nicknamed pharmaceutical strait jackets, which are legal. The difficulty is recognising who needs them, who threatens to go on a shooting spree, and then getting these people to take the tablets. After this it's a poor solution to keep someone drugged up all the time to defend society. Mental patients have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness too.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

so if hand guns have no use and the police uses hand guns then every shooting by a police man is what, harmless?

When it's against criminals who are prepared, yes.
Showing 121-135 of 191