ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61267
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

This isn't the CIA, this is the United States army told to stand down. And how do you ignore it when your ambassador specifically askes for more security because he thinks there is a security risk and people are going to die?,,,, We have an issue of getting off task here.

CIA personnel led by ex-Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who later lost his life in the attack during the September 11 Ansar al Sharia attack on U.S. installations in Benghazi, disobeyed orders to "stand down." Defying orders, Woods and other CIA personnel braved enemy fire to return to the consulate to rescue Ambassador Chris Stevens and information officer Sean Smith. Hours later, as the battle continued at the CIA annex one mile from the consulate, requests for laser-targeted fire from a Specter gunship, and additional support from special forces in Signonella, Italy, were repeatedly denied by unknown U.S. Defense and State Department officials.

As reported by all major news sources, right, left, center, whatever political spectrum you're from.

And unless you can find your army source, that will stand.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

They did.

They didn't report he caused the gun man to shoot himself. They reported that he had a gun, considered, but didn't fire.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

Ok then. He had a fully loaded assault rifle but it was jammed. If he knew he wasn't in any immediate danger he wouldn't of shot himself, he would of continued unjamming the gun and continued firing. Really you should of thought before you posted that. People don't ussualy commite suicide till they are no longer able to achieve their goal. I pressume if he hadn't of been there more than just 3 people would of died that night.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If he knew he wasn't in any immediate danger he wouldn't of shot himself, he would of continued unjamming the gun and continued firing. Really you should of thought before you posted that.

He also had two pistols. Wonder why he didn't shoot since they didn't jam then?

Man shoots himself despite still having guns. Or the Virginia Tech massacre. Cho shot himself despite having more ammo and not being under attack.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Is MSN, good enough?

wow msn... does that still exist? =o
their source is KGW portland. i dunno them. anyone els did?

ow and the story in the KGW article isn't that heroic as number man made it sound.

the United States army told to stand down.

if the army went in then that was a act of war. as you had no permission for that action from that countries government.

If he knew he wasn't in any immediate danger he wouldn't of shot himself, he would of continued unjamming the gun and continued firing.

same senario but now whitout that gun:

the rifle jams. a bystander sees it and comes into action by jumping the man keeping him down to the ground.

same outcome as that hero story. but then whitout guns or a dead suspect.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

Party he supplied 2 sources. that is all you wanted. or would you rather have the all might voice in your head tell you too? and party. it is considered an act of war to attack an embasy. so they had every right to step in and protect it. You don't think he wouldn't of grabbed the butt of the rifle and caved in his skull? OR maybe tossed him on the ground and took out his own pistol to finish the deed?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Party he supplied 2 sources.

He provided 2 sources, but these 2 sources did not provide a direct link between the end of the shooting and the appearance of an armed civilian, which is Party's gripe.

You don't think he wouldn't of grabbed the butt of the rifle and caved in his skull? OR maybe tossed him on the ground and took out his own pistol to finish the deed?

Which sane person would run up to a gunman who just massacred two dozen people and hit him? I can understand if he would shoot from afar, but to run up to him? Daft much?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

the rifle jams. a bystander sees it and comes into action by jumping the man keeping him down to the ground.

Alternate outcome:
The gunman notices he's being rushed, instinctively draws his pistol and fires repeatedly, killing many.
"What ifs" aren't usually the best of arguments.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

who just massacred two dozen people and hit him?

*two. Not two dozen, just two.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

*two. Not two dozen, just two.

Oops, this is the mall, not Connecticut thread.

Right two. Would you still approach someone in such a brazen manner by charging after he kills?
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I prefer google news to MSN [whom I like for games eg Peggle] and I tend to take in things at a shallow level'

Paul Simon
I don't believe what I read in the papers;
They're just out to capture my dime;
Exaggerating this and exaggerating that;
They don't have no fun.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Ok then. He had a fully loaded assault rifle but it was jammed. If he knew he wasn't in any immediate danger he wouldn't of shot himself, he would of continued unjamming the gun and continued firing. Really you should of thought before you posted that. People don't ussualy commite suicide till they are no longer able to achieve their goal. I pressume if he hadn't of been there more than just 3 people would of died that night.

So..you are just assuming that he committed suicide for the reason you are giving..and you are proclaiming it as fact?

I'm sorry..but I won't believe it..I study War strategy for fun and strategically..your assumption doesn't hold up. You stated that his gun jammed..so he killed himself with his pistol. Now...you just gave us another weapon of his..another weapon that he could have just as easily used to continue his rampage.

And if he felt a threat...it is possible that his reaction would be suicide..for that way his rampage ends on his turns. However! From what you said..he was able to duck away from safety (and in being able to do so, that threat level has now dropped for him) from which he could have easily taken his pistol and attempted to continue shooting

Then again..as I have stated multiple times..he wanted attention. By the time he killed himself..he had already raised hell in the mall (a mall..a very public place) and killed a couple of people..that is surely enough to be remembered. Thus completing his agenda and ending any detrimental need to continue
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Party he supplied 2 sources. that is all you wanted.

well it means that there is news about it. so it isn't all falls.

or would you rather have the all might voice in your head tell you too?

what? =S
tell me too what? that it probably is so?
it's not like i will change pro-gun all the sudden if that is what you want.

it is considered an act of war to attack an embasy.

that incident went a little past me.
but it were civilians that killed them right? not the government.
a out of control mob is not a act of war by the government in my books.

You don't think he wouldn't of grabbed the butt of the rifle and caved in his skull? OR maybe tossed him on the ground and took out his own pistol to finish the deed?

plz. quote. i'm not following on what comment you reply here.

but these 2 sources did not provide a direct link between the end of the shooting and the appearance of an armed civilian, which is Party's gripe.

only fully readed the KGW portland source provided by msn.
it has that part in it.

Which sane person would run up to a gunman who just massacred two dozen people and hit him? I can understand if he would shoot from afar, but to run up to him? Daft much?

if his gun is jamming and he is stressing. i might just do that...
not that it is smart tho.

"What ifs" aren't usually the best of arguments.

lets forget about them. my bad.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

Uhh party, the all might voice in your head was me being sarcastic. it wasn't civilians. It was terrorist gunman who planned this attack. anyways. and him attacking with the rifle was the gunman to the approaching civilian who decided to run up to him like an idiot.pang I'm not sure how to follow what you said. It thuroughly confuzed me, goodjob, that doesn't happen often. Anyways, it's kinda impossible to get into the mind of a deranged lunatic bent on killing tons of people unless you are one. So I honestly have no clue as to what his plans where and why he did what he did.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

it wasn't civilians. It was terrorist gunman who planned this attack.

The person who did the shooting was a U.S citizen. A terrorist is someone who makes demands or is trying to further some ends through violent actions. The shooter was crazy, but he wasn't a terrorist.
Showing 166-180 of 191