Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Connecticut School Shooting

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 6:22pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

So sad!! :'(
I can't believe what this world has come to. Twenty children... Wow. :'P

I read this article btw.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15907407-elementary-school-massacre-27-killed-including-20-kids-at-connecticut-school?lite

A hurrah for those right to bear arms supporters.
HURRAH

That just pisses me off. -_-

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 7:11pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

ban the guns and start a hurricane of mourning and critcism if such things still happen
or
or don't ban them and suck it up when such things happen because obviously you will be grading your right to bear arms to be supirour than your lives

If somebody is going to kill, they will kill. If it be a gun, knife, bomb, spoon. Whatever, they will find a way. Most use the gun though, because it is known as one of the most destructive devices ever used. Banning guns will only cause the killers something else.

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 8:11pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

That just pisses me off. -_-

and we'll make you pissed every single time this news comes from the usa.

you shouldn't be pissed at us. but at those people shooting around.
as long so many gun loving maniacs are walking around. this will keep happening.

shell we make bets on how many rampage shootings next year will occur in the usa?
i put 50 bucks on 6 times. once each 2 months.

Banning guns will only cause the killers something else.

thats the way to go. but hey, i'm not american so you can ignore it....

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 8:19pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

shell we make bets on how many rampage shootings next year will occur in the usa?
i put 50 bucks on 6 times. once each 2 months.

I'll be the booky.
wait, can I bet too?

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 10:15pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,154 posts

@spinmove, he killed himself, so that is out of the question.

however, to get my opinion, read my post from the oregon thread, (this thread really wasn't necessary, as we already have a debate thread for this topic)

One: According to the article, they were not his guns, so you can't say that banning guns would have prevented this, as he would have found some somewhere.

Two: I fail to see how the NRA is involved.

Three: Let's all just forget the bill of rights, the founding fathers weren't in their right minds, but were being controlled by the NRA.

It is sad yes, but I don't think it was preventable, except by locking up/killing the guy before he committed the crime, which is also illegal.

~~~Darth Caedus

Basically, he was crazy, and no matter what, he would have gone on a rampage, be it with black market guns or legally purchased.

@punisher, how about we just say this.

Hurray for Muslims, four planes, two towers, and a section of the pentagon all destroyed, hurray. Lets ban Islam, and this will never happen again.

(again, not bashing your religion, but that is what you said when it is applied to Muslims)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 14, '12 at 11:49pm

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

A hurrah for those right to bear arms supporters.
HURRAH

Yes, because he totally bought the weapons himself and didn't steal the weapons from his family after wiping them out, too.

Just think, this happened in a gun free zone. Those really work, ya know.

http://drewjustice.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gun-free-zone.jpg?w=500

If only one teacher had a CCP, they could have stopped the entire thing with minimal loss of life. Sitting back and calling the police wouldn't work, after all. When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away...

This is a tragedy, to be sure, but using it as ammunition for stricter gun control, or even any form of legislation, is pointless and ignorant. This guy would have gotten a gun eventually. Regardless of laws, illegal guns absolutely flood the market and are very easy to get. Gun control at this point just makes it worse, as evidenced by extremely high rates of crime in places with very tight gun control such as Chicago, Detroit, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles. In fact there is good evidence that MORE guns prevents things like this, as the more good people with guns, the less chances there are for horrific acts of terrorism such as the shooting in Connecticut. There is no evidence that tighter gun control would reduce crime in America, and this is proven every day in this country. Does it work in Britain? Yes. France? Yes. Europe in general? Yes. However, these countries were never completely saturated with guns or possessed any widespread acceptance or love of firearms. America is not Europe, the laws are not universal.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 12:01am

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

However, these countries were never completely saturated with guns or possessed any widespread acceptance or love of firearms.

check out switzerland ;)
sure switzerland officially isn't europe. but geographically it is =)

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 12:14am

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

Its so sad to heard all of this. My science teacher told us at about 1:30 and started crying because well you would know why. All my mom's family lives in Connecticut and its just terrible someone would do this.Wasn't the guy who did it, his mom was like a teacher there and killed her?

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 12:17am

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

310 posts

Its a terribly sad thing. I am very saddened by it. But the truth of the matter is people kill people regardless of the weapons used.

Would you feel better if it was a mass stabbing? Probably not.
Would you feel better if it was a bombing? No.

The pen doesn't spell the words wrong. The keyboard doesn't type incorrectly. The person does. America has the attitude of entitlement, and do whatever you feel like because its "protected" under the First Amendment.

Changing hearts and minds is the only way. I must admit that all the support of prayers and church services seem counter intuitive since a lot (not the majority) of people want to remove God from everything, everywhere.

America is the bed pan of morals and ethics.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 12:43am

SSTG

SSTG

10,760 posts

Knight

It's funny how those Conservative ******** try to sound smart, repeating the same BS about guns and because these selfish ignorant want to continue their obsolete way of living and collect guns to make themselves feel more powerful while in fact they're just a bunch of cowards hiding behind them.
Rich redneck ******** have their NRA (national retard association) which is nothing but a terrorist organization that pressure and corrupt the government to make sure they can live like retards. Then they wonder why a Democrat president was reelected. Wake up morons, the World is changing and people are fed up with gun loving retards!