Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Connecticut School Shooting

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 12:57am

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

It's funny how those Conservative ******** try to sound smart, repeating the same BS about guns and because these selfish ignorant want to continue their obsolete way of living and collect guns to make themselves feel more powerful while in fact they're just a bunch of cowards hiding behind them.
Rich redneck ******** have their NRA (national retard association) which is nothing but a terrorist organization that pressure and corrupt the government to make sure they can live like retards.

I get the feeling that's directed at me, because that's just how I am.

I don't hide behind guns, and guns don't make me feel any more powerful than anyone else. In fact, quite contrary, I feel they level the playing field. They say god made man, and Sam Colt made them equal, and that's how I feel knowing that when I'm at home, a small arsenal is just seconds away. I feel safer that way. I don't shoot people, I don't hurt people, just like most of these "gun loving retards" you're so against. So tell me, what's wrong with owning a gun when the only people I'll ever shoot are people who are dumb enough to try and hurt me first?

Wake up morons, the World is changing and people are fed up with gun loving retards!

Hardly. Gun ownership in America is only increasing, and gun laws are getting shot down left and right. Even other countries are taking a queue. Even in many European countries gun laws are loosening or remaining as lax as ever (in Sweden, you can have up to nine rifles. Go figure.)

"People" are not fed up with "gun loving retards" who are typically no smarter or stupider than you. How would you even know who has a gun? Is there a particular look about someone? Perhaps their skin is blackened by the cordite and driven red from all the blood you assume they've spilled? Chances are, you don't know, and you won't unless they tell you. I know people who carry guns with them everywhere, and I rarely know if they are or not, and what's funnier, is that none of them have murdered anybody. I don't believe any of them have ever robbed a bank or held up a convenience store.

So tell me, what exactly are you fed up with? Rhetoric you can simply ignore? Or the fact that you feel safer than you should and that you're simply extremely paranoid about people who will probably never harm you and trust people who are likely to kill you?

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 1:23am

phatpastor

phatpastor

19 posts

too bad this is just another opportunity for the lefty-loons to spout "lets take everyones guns"

Yeah, because no one will EVER be stabbed, bludgeoned, or choked to death, ever again.

Its a tragedy when this happens, but as long as there is sin nature in man...there will be sin. When mentally ill people STEAL guns and abuse their use...its still a tragedy, but lets not put that on the 99.9% responsible, sober citizens.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 1:25am

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I want gun laws to make it difficult for people to get guns, not to ban guns all together. After all guns are useful to kill the flying vermin that spoil the farmer's crops and for providing a rabbit for the stewpot. I'd rather the gun stupid had a lot of fuss and bother getting their guns.
To use a metaphor, it's stupid to walk on the railroad tracks in some places. You'd expect folk to be sensible where they walked. Some folk aren't. So there are fences defending them from dangerous stretches of track. There are laws against walking on the tracks. Does everybody obey these laws? Some might say they have a right to walk whereever they please; they run the risk of death by locomotive.
Guns can be dangerous in some peoples hands as we are witnessing. I imagine that the Founding Fathers did not question the wisdom of arms being in some people's hands.
I think that the USA needs to be responsible about the arms the people have the right to bear.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 1:38am

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

SSTG, I'm really getting sick of your pathetic, inaccurate rants. Which is really saying something, since it's nearly impossible to make me feel this way.

It's funny how those Conservative ******** try to sound smart

1) Enough with the swearing.
2) You're doing the same thing behind a barrage of insults. You aren't actually saying anything though.

repeating the same BS about guns and because these selfish ignorant want to continue their obsolete way of living

The reason the same things are being repeated is because there's nothing else to say. Guns don't shoot people on their own. Normal people don't go on mass rampages and kill other people. Banning guns doesn't make them disappear. Etc.

You're the one who wants to continue down a path that is outdated. You don't fix a problem by turning your back on it.

collect guns to make themselves feel more powerful while in fact they're just a bunch of cowards hiding behind them

I don't see anything wrong about collecting guns. I don't see anything wrong with defending yourself with them if it comes down to them.

You can insult people for their tastes all you want, but realize that the ones you're insulting aren't the ones you're mad at. The people you're mad at are the insane, psychotic, rage filled people who would have gone to whatever length necessary to achieve what they were after.

Rich redneck ********

Again, stop with the stereotypes.

NRA (national retard association) which is nothing but a terrorist organization

The NRA is not a terrorist organization no matter how you look at it. You mindlessly ranting that they are doesn't change that.

that pressure and corrupt the government to make sure they can live like retards.

Really? Well okay, if that's what you think. Honestly I'm getting bored at this point because all you're really doing is spewing venom all over the place and not saying anything in particular.

Then they wonder why a Democrat president was reelected.

This has to do with shootings and crazy people...how?

Wake up morons, the World is changing and people are fed up with gun loving retards!

There's a large difference between someone who thinks guns shouldn't be made illegal and someone who's obsessed with them.

What needs to be "woken up to" is the fact that guns exist. Making them illegal does not change that. The solution isn't to make guns illegal, but to keep them out of the hands of people who would kill with them. Yes, making them illegal is an attempt to do that, but making something illegal does not get rid of it. All making them illegal does is sweep the issue under the rug and let people pretend they've solved the issue.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 1:45am

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I want to make a correction. I imagine that the Founding Fathers who gave the States the right to bear arms did question the wisdom of those arms being in some people's hands.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:14am

SSTG

SSTG

11,364 posts

Knight

SSTG, I'm really getting sick of your pathetic, inaccurate rants. Which is really saying something, since it's nearly impossible to make me feel this way.

I can say the same about you with your gun loving excuses.
If it weren't for people like you there wouldn't be guns everywhere in pawn shops, and army supply stores for example.
The woman who got killed bought the deadly weapon. Why would you need such a powerful weapon? That's totally ridiculous.
Make it harder for people to buy guns and stop with your illegal gun BS because it's not that easy to go in a back alley to buy a gun from a street thug.

This pathetic obsession with gun, OMG it's so retarded!

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:33am

AatosLiukkonen

AatosLiukkonen

67 posts

The woman who got killed bought the deadly weapon. Why would you need such a powerful weapon? That's totally ridiculous.

You're kidding right? Well, goes to show how ignorant some people are. The shooter used a .223 caliber AR-style bushmaster rifle. A plinker by many standards, and not a death machine you think it is. Why would she need this particular rifle? Beyond the nihilistic point that people don't need anything at all, she didn't. However, she, as a law abiding citizen, had the full right to purchase a .22 caliber centerfire rifle for use at the range or varmint hunting. That's her right. Her son used it against her as a weapon of opportunity. Unless you're going to blame the crime on the victim, you should avoid this point. If you are, in that case, you're silly upstairs.

Make it harder for people to buy guns and stop with your illegal gun BS because it's not that easy to go in a back alley to buy a gun from a street thug.

1) The weapon was purchased legally by one of the victims. Unless you can predict the future, punishing victims for the crimes of assailants is stupid.

2) Oh yes it is.

If it weren't for people like you there wouldn't be guns everywhere in pawn shops, and army supply stores for example.

Irrelevant point, but here it is: You can't buy guns in military surplus stores or the majority of pawn shops. Use better examples next time.

This pathetic obsession with gun, OMG it's so retarded!

It's pathetic... how? Because you don't like something you insist it be denied to everyone?

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:37am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Alright, let's tone down the language and insults around here.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:37am

phatpastor

phatpastor

19 posts

"retarded"? (I don't think that word means what you think it means...)

Bluster all you like. You would be the first one crying for help when the criminals come at you with GUNS obtained illegally. Regulation NEVER works...it always, always, ALWAYS makes things worse. FEDERAL regulation is even worse than STATE regulation...the larger the beast, the more slowly it moves, and cumbersome it is (read wasteful).

While peace-loving, law abiding citizens are made to jump through 5,478 hoops....the criminals will do what they always do; obtain illegal firearms from wherever they can (even manufacturing their own).

It is insanely easy to obtain a "gun from a street thug" in a "back alley"; 2 different police friends tell me story after story about the undercover 'buys' they make. In spite of your claims of 'retarded', there is no 'pathetic obsession with gun'; its a natural product of modern society.

You can't go back, but if you could, you'd see people killing with rocks, sharpened sticks, etc. Its the Fallen world that is the problem, not guns. Never has been, never will be.

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 2:45am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If you want to talk about gun laws, go to the Mall Shooting thread

If someone wants to make a new Connecticut School Shooting Thread, and stress that discussion of gun laws should go in the other thread, go right ahead.