ForumsWEPRAnyone else feel this way?

34 12783
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

i dont know about you but it is a bit odd to me that after one shooting, it seems to me that there is another shooting, and then another. this happened after the movie theatre shooting in colorado too. also in my shcool district there were 2 lockdowns today and a kid at a neighboring high school brought a gun. another kid at my school got sent home because he said he was going to kill another student who is a good friend of mine

• 34 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

There are tons of school shootings a day, everywhere. However, you just notice the local and mainstream ones.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

There are tons of school shootings a day, everywhere. However, you just notice the local and mainstream ones.

i honestly have to disagree with you on that. i dont believe there are school shootings everyday. you would hear about that trust me.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Is it really a good idea to report on these murder incidents?
If these shootings weren't so publicized by the media, maybe it wouldn't give any ideas to other criminal minds out there to do something similar. Many of these events could be inspired by other ones.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

There are tons of school shootings a day, everywhere.

what? =S plz. tell me your not being serious here.
AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

When somebody kills some kids on Connecticut, everybody weeps. When a bomber in Afghanistan blows up 60 people, nobody gives a ****.

Welcome to life. It's full of suck.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

[quote=Aatos]When somebody kills some kids on Connecticut, everybody weeps. When a bomber in Afghanistan blows up 60 people, nobody gives a ****.

Welcome to life. It's full of suck.[/quote]

Life is easy. Life is simple. Its people that make life hard for other people.

For starters it happened in America. Secondly, children are considered innocent and are...well...children! Children are more special because they are not yet tainted by the materialism of the main stream. Schools are suppose to be safe and secure. As for the secure part, their security is pretty piss poor. But the fact stands.

Here's one for you.
Israel gets bombed, rocketed, shot at almost everyday. No news media covers it. When Israel finally retaliates, and its usually to strike key leaders, the world responds as if Israel is the bad guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a 100% support Israel, but I wanted to offer another form of hypocrisy.

I have NO sympathy for Hamas or Islamic terrorists for that matter.

wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

I have NO sympathy for Hamas or Islamic terrorists for that matter.

I don't understand why so many people are willing to make excuses for an organization that abuses children so horribly.
Hamas teaches that bombs are more precious than children
14 year old suicide bomber
Hamas attacks wedding
Hamas and pedophilia
Blood for the Blood God
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

humans are a violent species, that's a fact, so why is everyone so shocked by violence? we have spent millions of years finding new and terrifying ways to kill one another and that's likely not going to stop.
as for the media reports, remember that the news agencies make money from ratings. thus means that they are going to focus on the most shocking and dramatic stories as those attract the most viewers.

Yakanuza
Yakanuza
18 posts
Nomad

humans are a violent species, that's a fact, so why is everyone so shocked by violence?

Lions are violent species. But they act only for survival.
Shooting and blowing people self-murdering is not surviving, therefore is a particularly reason to be shocked. If you attack a group of children because they will grow up and somehow disturb or risk your own skin, you will attack and kill them for your own sake - to survive. Blowing a lot of kids and then kill yourself is NOT helping at anything.

The facts are, if they're trying to survive it's plainly expectable, however if the violence used is higher than the required for surviving, then we can just call is shocking. Torturing and then murdering, causing mayhems are killing yourselfs is shocking... and useless.
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

When somebody kills some kids on Connecticut, everybody weeps. When a bomber in Afghanistan blows up 60 people, nobody gives a ****.

hate to admit it but yeah thats pretty true
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Many of these events could be inspired by other ones.

Do you not think that the ease of availability of firearms plays a factor. I mean, do you not think we have nutters here in Europe? We do, but thankfully lacking access to lethal weapons lessens the damage they can do.

humans are a violent species, that's a fact, so why is everyone so shocked by violence?

Humans are in the grand scheme of things very sociable animals due to our intelligence and ability to communicate with one another. We're no saints, but I'd like to know the last time someone saw vultures negotiating over a dead corpse. People use violence to further their own ends, but psychotic killings are still shocking because they are precisely that, and I think implying people who are shocked by this are somehow fooling themselves seems like an unnecessarily grim position to take.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Yeah. Meanwhile in Syria, their gov't is firing missiles at it's own people. Over a hundred were killed after a single day of violence, 15 were kids. 40K-50K total civilians in under 2 years.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

You naturally care more about your own people. Duh. It's much closer to home, and to your own life.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Yeah. Meanwhile in Syria, their gov't is firing missiles at it's own people. Over a hundred were killed after a single day of violence, 15 were kids. 40K-50K total civilians in under 2 years.

on the news for 2 year. people lose interest in that time.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

This reminds me of the scene in Hotel Rwanda where the news reporter made a statement of how people will see this on their TVs and say "wow that is terrible"...then go on and eat their TV dinners

You naturally care more about your own people. Duh. It's much closer to home, and to your own life.
[quote]

But then we have an instance like near my area of living...many black people are killed often due to gang violence...but a white girl is killed and the mayor holds a press conference about how violence/gang violence needs to be cracked down on
Showing 1-15 of 34