Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Rotten Tomatoes - Home Of Idiots

Posted Dec 15, '12 at 9:14pm

landmaster2000

landmaster2000

127 posts

TBH, don't agree too often with Rotten Tomatoes. And though critics analyze what we might not see, they often rate movies with bias anyway.

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 11:29am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,237 posts

You know, I find that I disagree with most ratings done by critics, although, one example of something they did really well on, is Eragon (That film was horrible)

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 16, '12 at 8:17pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Yeah I know right. It used to pissed me off, then I realised I could do nothing about it. Life moves on, and more films I like come out, get ripped, but get rewatched. Again and again and again.

Eh, making a thread and calling the critics idiots allowed me to vent. As soon as I hit enter, I didn't feel so bad anymore.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 1:34am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

one example of something they did really well on, is Eragon

One example of something they did really poorly on was The Room..that movie is amazing. Deserves much more then 35%

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 3:38am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Why're you guys acting as if critics operate as a single entity? "They did well..." or "They did poorly...." Never mind the fact that you're criticizing a critic for his subjectivity; they each have their own opinions, and other than getting paid to write about movies, they're no different from the regular audience.

And in regards to The Room, you're still in the minority. Only 46% of the audience on Rotten Tomatoes liked it.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 4:17am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

And in regards to The Room, you're still in the minority. Only 46% of the audience on Rotten Tomatoes liked it.

Well then...obviously the 46% were the only ones that actually watched it

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:12am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Why're you guys acting as if critics operate as a single entity? "They did well..." or "They did poorly...." Never mind the fact that you're criticizing a critic for his subjectivity; they each have their own opinions, and other than getting paid to write about movies, they're no different from the regular audience.

Just because a critic's opinions are subjective doesn't mean we can't subjectively criticize the critics.

People, for some reason, pay these people. That means there are people who value their opinions. No stopping that, nor should it be stopped. Criticized, on the other hand, why not?

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 7:42am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

Criticized, on the other hand, why not?

Well, 'Home of idiots' isn't so much criticizing as lambasting....

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 10:13am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Well then...obviously the 46% were the only ones that actually watched it

ive seen it. can't say i liked it that much tho.

Posted Dec 17, '12 at 1:35pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Well, 'Home of idiots' isn't so much criticizing as lambasting....

I lambasted, then criticized. It contains the best of both. : D

I'm going to level with you here, I just needed to vent.

Reply to Rotten Tomatoes - Home Of Idiots

You must be logged in to post a reply!