ForumsGamesHow to create file to add to game submission

7 2214
winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

Hey, guys, how do you make a game and add it as a file?

• 7 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

For the game making part, you most likely need a couple of years in serious training, so I won't be bothered unless you do have.

For the file, that knowledge comes after your course. Or at least after you master basic programming.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

For the game making part, you most likely need a couple of years in serious training, so I won't be bothered unless you do have.

You don't. I made a game within a day, the program made it easier, but the point still stands. You don't need years of programming to create a game. You can teach yourself most things within a few months from stuff on the internet, or do what I did and use an easy program to make a basic game.

Winmaster - Read this thread. The easiest one to use in my opinion is Stencyl. When you're done making the game, there should be something in the menu or somewhere on the program where it lets you save the file so you can add it to websites.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You don't. I made a game within a day, the program made it easier, but the point still stands. You don't need years of programming to create a game. You can teach yourself most things within a few months from stuff on the internet, or do what I did and use an easy program to make a basic game.

And yours wasn't accepted by AG.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Meaning, to create a good game for AG, it takes quite a fair time. Not a personal attack. Sorry.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

And yours wasn't accepted by AG.

My intention wasn't to submit to AG, it was to play around with a program. But that's besides the point.
Meaning, to create a good game for AG, it takes quite a fair time.

Not that long. Several good games have been created with Stencyl, the same program I used. Just look here.
GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

My intention wasn't to submit to AG, it was to play around with a program. But that's besides the point.

Sounds like it's not worth doing that at all, except testing the game and release it...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Sounds like it's not worth doing that at all, except testing the game and release it...

What do you mean, not worth playing around with the program? Well, how do you expect to learn? I'm not sure what you mean by the second half of your sentence.
Showing 1-7 of 7