ForumsForum GamesGoof Dungeon RPG

32 5193
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Hey guys, this is my new RPG. It's called Goof Dungeon. You have to set up your own character (no stealing, guys) with the following stats:
Strength: Determines your physical attack and some MEs (magical effects) and PEs (physical effects). Oh, and the Stamina cost of PAs (physical abilities)
Agility: Determines your ability to dodge and some MEs and PEs
Defence: You know. HP and defensive MEs and PEs
Mana: ME and MA (magic ability) only. Determines their power and the number you can cast.
Intelligence: Determines the Mana cost and power of MAs
Stamina: Like Mana for PEs
Name
Helmet
Breastplate
Gloves
Leggings
Boots
Shield
Weapon (varies from class to class)
Class: One of the following: Rogue (extra 2 Agility points, 2 less Defence dagger or hand-axe), Warrior (2 extra Strength, 50 less mana, 50 more stamina, 2 less Agility, sword, axe, spear or hammer/mace), Mage (2 Int, -2 Str, +50 Mana, -50 Stam, Wand, Staff or Ceremonial Knife) Healer (same but with an HP-oriented set of abilities) Paladin (like a Warrior but with a set of free buff abilities)
You get 8 free Stat points to distribute at will. Enemies coming soon. I won't be on for a couple days but I'll get on when I can. Skills: Coming soon; I GTG. You get one Iron weapon or Leather armour (and a buff on one of them) free. I'll put mine up soon. Put up any questions and I'll try and answer.
Kthxbai, Nerdsoft

• 32 Replies
shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Uh this is a little confusing, can you simplify it please.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I would love to join..but like shadowgun said. Please clear it up a bit

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:
Class: [Rogue (extra 2 Agility points, 2 less Defence dagger or hand-axe), Warrior (2 extra Strength, 50 less mana, 50 more stamina, 2 less Agility, sword, axe, spear or hammer/mace), Mage (2 Int, -2 Str, +50 Mana, -50 Stam, Wand, Staff or Ceremonial Knife) Healer (same but with an HP-oriented set of abilities) Paladin (like a Warrior but with a set of free buff abilities)]
Skills: Coming soon
Strength: Determines your physical attack and some MEs (magical effects) and PEs (physical effects). Oh, and the Stamina cost of PAs (physical abilities)
Agility: Determines your ability to dodge and some MEs and PEs
Defence: You know. HP and defensive MEs and PEs
Mana: ME and MA (magic ability) only. Determines their power and the number you can cast.
Intelligence: Determines the Mana cost and power of MAs
Stamina: Like Mana for PEs
Equips:
Helmet:
Breastplate:
Gloves:
Leggings:
Boots:
Shield:
Weapon: (varies from class to class)
You get 8 Stat points to distribute at will. You get one Iron weapon or Leather armor and a buff for it.

That is what my mind got from looking at Nerd's post but I want some sort of story or reason as to why there isn't one.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Working on it. Sorry, but I'm sharing a computer as I'm trekking in the Himalayas. Just got back to Lukla, flying back to Kathmandu tomorrow. I was in Namche the day before yesterday, in a hotel with wifi. Not bragging or anything. The equips are things you put on your character. Nevermind them. They just give you stat boosts, buffs or determine your damage (weapons). Forget the shield, I'm removing it. Oh, and you start with 2 of every stat with an extra 8 points to add at will now. Agility mechanic is scrapped. That would make it too complicated. But basically the character thing is like this.
Name: [Name here]
Strength: [2 by default]
Int.: [2]
Defence: [Adds to HP and boosts some abilities, as all the stats do]
Mana [2]
Stamina [2]
Class: Rogue is the default, with no bonuses.
Equipment:
Cheap Helmet
Cheap Breastplate
Cheap Gloves
Cheap Leggings
Cheap Boots
Horrid Pink-and-Green Dagger of Confusion (this would usually be a Cheap Dagger, assuming it's a Rogue) | PD 15 | MD 8
PD (phys. damage, weapon PD + str.) 17 | MD (magic damage, weapon MD + int.) 10
Then you could add stat points to the stats.
If that's still unclear, tell me what's confusing and I'll make amends. Please, play this with a sense of humour. It's supposed to be slightly goofy.
Kthxbai, Nerdsoft

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dark Death Dragon
Class: Rogue
Strength: 3
Defense: 4
Mana: 3
Intelligence: 3
Stamina: 3
Equips:
Cheap Helmet
Cheap Breastplate
Cheap Gloves
Cheap Leggings
Cheap Boots
Weapon: cheap dagger

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Name: Shadow White
Strength: 4
Int.: 3
Defence: 3
Mana 3
Stamina 3
Class: Paladin (though I don't know if I can change this if not change it back to rogue)
Equipment:
Cheap Helmet
Cheap Breastplate
Cheap Gloves
Cheap Leggings
Cheap Boots
Weapon: cheap longsword (change to cheap dagger if class is not right

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

You can change it. Still, you should have an enchantment on one weapon. Here's an example:
Derp Vador (most certainly NOT my character)
Str:4
Def:4
Int: 4
Equips:
Cheap Helmet - +0.5 def
Cheap Breastplate - +1 def
Ridiculously Heavy Cast-Iron Gloves Of General Smashing (my enchanted gloves) - +1 def, +1 str (these would usually be Cheap Gloves - +0.5 def)
Cheap Leggings - +1 def
Cheap Boots - +0.5 def
Cheap dagger - PD 10, MD 5
Total def: 8
Total str: 5
PD 15 (from str + dagger PD), MD 9 (from int + dagger MD)
Level: 1
XP: Working on it.
Skills: Ditto.
Any suggestions for Monsters, Skills or Equips? Or for a shop system? Or Zone system? It's still in Beta. Also: you two have got the gist of it, but you need to add an enchantment (like Vador's Gloves). Also remember: the game's supposed to be slightly goofy so don't make the suggestions to serious. I say the level 1 zone should be called Newbville.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name:Storm Dark Death Dragon
Class: Rogue
Strength: 3
Defense: 4
Intelligence: 3
Equips:
Very Life Like Dragon Scale-mail Wolf Helm Treasure of the Werecats:+2 def, +1 to every stat except def
Cheap Breastplate:+1 def
Cheap Gloves:+0.5 def
Cheap Leggings:+1 def
Cheap Boots:+0.5 def
Weapon: cheap dagger(PD 10, MD 5)
Total def: 9
Total str: 4
Total Mana: 4
Total Intelligence: 4
Total Stamina: 4
PD 14 (from str + dagger PD), MD 9 (from int + dagger MD)
Level: 1
XP: Working on it.
Skills: Working on it.

If my enchanted helmet is over powered then please let me know.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Mana 3
Stamina 3
Class: Paladin (though I don't know if I can change this if not change it back to rogue)
Equipment:
Cheap Helmet - + 0.5 def
Cheap Breastplate - + 1 def
Cheap Gloves - + 0.5 def
Cheap Leggings - - + 0.5 def
Cheap Boots -
Weapon: Paladin's light, (Longsword) - PD 12 MD 5 (Extra, light damage)

Here's a idea, elements for your beasts, so here is what I think it should be, you don't have to use it though.

Fire>Water>Earth>Wind>Fire and Dark>Light>Dark. For the dark beats light and light beats dark, it's first to hit wins. You could also add a few more elements like dragon and metal, or something along those line.

Vote yes on Newbville.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Oops forgot a bit, so this is what it should look like.

Mana 3
Stamina 3
Equipment:
Cheap Helmet - + 0.5 def
Cheap Breastplate - + 1 def
Cheap Gloves - + 0.5 def
Cheap Leggings - - + 1 def
Cheap Boots - + 0.5 def
Weapon: Paladin's light, (Longsword) - PD 12 MD 5 (Extra, light damage)
PD 16 MD 8

Here's a idea, elements for your beasts, so here is what I think it should be, you don't have to use it though.

Fire>Water>Earth>Wind>Fire and Dark>Light>Dark. For the dark beats light and light beats dark, it's first to hit wins. You could also add a few more elements like dragon and metal, or something along those line.

Vote yes on Newbville.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Hmm. That's a good idea, but it might make it a bit complicated. I'm calling a vote.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

My vote is yes on the types for monsters.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

I vote yes on the types of monsters and Newbville.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Right, clearly you're the only people interested. ._. VOTE ENDED! Newbville it is. Now I have to make some monsters. Suggestions are welcome, of course.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Um well how about slimes, there goofy and most games have them a basic critters.

Showing 1-15 of 32