ForumsThe TavernGeneral MLB thread

37 6018
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Talk about the wonders of MLB on here

(I know there are some of you on here that could chat it up with me *looks towards pick and Gantic*)

• 37 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't see how that's a stronger point. It's an equal example (minus the roid usage), but not stronger.

Because A-Rod was a much more dominant player..yet his team still ended up at the bottom. Not just out of the playoff

And as far as Bautista pulling too much, when you hit close to 150 home runs and pushing 160 RBI in the last three years, you can hit to whatever part of the park you want!

Us pull-hitters are not so hot with outside pitches. That is what I'm waiting for...for pitchers to finally start focusing on pitching him away (and down more as well) to neutralize his power some
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Because A-Rod was a much more dominant player..yet his team still ended up at the bottom. Not just out of the playoff

I don't know that you can say that. A-Rod's best years in texas and Bautista's last three years (considering injury last year) in Toronto are pretty similar. A-Rod hit high 40's or low 50's HR, knocked in an average of about 130 RBI, and hit for roughly .300 average. Bautista's hit the same # of home runs, slightly lower number of RBI (possibly an indicator of the team around him) and hit for the same batting average. So I don't think A-Rod was any more dominant in those years
greentrev106
greentrev106
181 posts
Shepherd

I'm a fan of the Braves. I went to go see one of their games a few years ago, they were facing the Dodgers and crush them... but i haven't been keeping up with them lately so i don't know if they're as good as they used to be.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

So, no one got into the Hall of Fame. To be honest, I find the whole thing to be rather ridiculous.

Sprint Training is getting closer!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So, no one got into the Hall of Fame. To be honest, I find the whole thing to be rather ridiculous.

Makes quite the statement though...now just need to see if they stick with this statement, or if they falter from it and let some of the steroid abusers in

In other HOF voting news...Kenny Lofton receives less than 5% of the vote..losing eligibility. Not saying he deserves in..but he deserves a lot more than just one year on the ballot
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Makes quite the statement though...now just need to see if they stick with this statement, or if they falter from it and let some of the steroid abusers in

I think that they purposefully denied anyone the call this year to make a point, but I'll bed dollars to donuts that next year they will let one or two of the steroid era players in. There are just too many record holders there to not let them in ever, even if the records are tainted....
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The Cubs are going to win the world series this year.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The Cubs are going to win the world series this year.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *coughing fit* HAHAHAAAAAAA
Pang, other then cerveli, we dont have a catcher do we?
So remember I said I was going to giants spring training? I am, AND indians spring training. You know what that means pang....
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Pang, other then cerveli, we dont have a catcher do we?

Come on man..the name! D=

And we also have Chris Stewart

So remember I said I was going to giants spring training? I am, AND indians spring training. You know what that means pang....

Not sure..it's either:
-for some odd reason you are going to betray the Yankee cause
-You are goin to get Swisher back
-Or you are going to steal one of their catchers
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Swish
Stewart is eh. I dont know, he isnt a started

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Leave it to the Yankees (fans) to try to poach players (back). Hey, you guys will get a first round pick from the Indians. How about some more homegrown talent?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

...you do relize I was joking, right? Swisher sucked, but he was a very lively player and a fan favorite. He did terrible at the end of the season/playoffs. I think ichiro is a much better choice.
I'm seeing brewers v giants and Indians v Angels. The angels game should be great. Puljous, trout, trumbo and now Hamilton.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

How did Swisher net an $11 million/year deal? He's a decent utility outfielder, but he isn't worth that.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

How did Swisher net an $11 million/year deal? He's a decent utility outfielder, but he isn't worth that.

I agree the worth might have been a bit of an over-shot..but he is in no way a utility player. With how consistent he has been the past few years he is a great fit for corner outfield spot

Hey, you guys will get a first round pick from the Indians. How about some more homegrown talent?

Front office needs to stop tradin' 'em away

He did terrible at the end of the season/playoffs

To be fair..nearly the whole team started to do terrible that time

I think ichiro is a much better choice

If he can keep hitting like he was when we got him...then hell yeah.
We are going to have a speedy team XD
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *coughing fit* HAHAHAAAAAAA

You'd only understand if you loved the underdog.

THEY'LL DO IT SOMEDAY. I FREAKING KNOW IT.
Showing 16-30 of 37