Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 9:48am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

You are to trusting in the government, that was their cover story. Do you know who the world's largest supplier of guns is? If I remember what my dad said it was the FBI

Sales from the 44 US-based companies featured accounted for over 60% of all arms sales by the top 100 producers in 2010, with Lockheed Martin topping the list at $35.7bn (£22.4bn) worth of arms sales in 2010. These are privately owned companies, which the government signs contracts with. The FBI is not the largest supplier of guns, and you have yet to field evidence supporting such an outlandish claim.

You really are to trusting. Almost everything they do has a reason behind it, ussualy bad.

And you are a cynical person who trusts no one. Here's a simple example of a terror plot foiled by federal enforcement. Or another one. The list goes on.

you don't care about the ideals of my fourfathers to protect the people from the government incase it ever grew to powerful, these are rights that every citizen posses and shouldn't be taken away by any means.

The Second Amendment was put in place so that a citizen militia could be fielded in times of war. Simple as that.

Or from another angle, you think your Magnum and pitiful small arms can actually go up against the national army? What a joke.

This country was founded on freedom, but your proposal is to take away some freedoms and not allow us to bear arms. How do you sleep at night?

I sleep at night because the national army of my country guards it, and I'm proud of it because I'm soon to be part of that national army.

This country was founded on freedom, but if your ''freedom'' to own guns causes others to lose their even more fundamental freedom to live, which have been proved by many studies as cited in this thread and in the mall thread, something is messed up.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 9:49am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

Laws exist, but they should be changed when they are outdated.

surprise!!! it is out dated.

anyway. to bad the 1st page is about crossbows.
crossbows are just as dangerous as a gun. and are illegal like guns in most countries that have gun control.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:19am

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

I trust people, just more than others, the government however is at the bottom of the list. Not just one pearson, but many combined can make a difference. And the government is going after small arms first, once that goes they will go for the bigger weapons. Such as Assault rifles, shotguns, all that stuff. You've been reading the news to much, you need to learn the behind the seens actions. The FBI does sell guns to foreghn countries, most our enemies, but do you think they are willing to openly admit that and put it on the news?

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

You've been reading the news to much, you need to learn the behind the seens actions. The FBI does sell guns to foreghn countries, most our enemies, but do you think they are willing to openly admit that and put it on the news?

My my. If you don't get it from news, books or political journals, where do you get your information from? Does your dad work in the FBI? Because such ''behind the scenes actions'' must have been very well covered up.

The FBI does sell guns to foreghn countries, most our enemies, but do you think they are willing to openly admit that and put it on the news?

And again, assertions WITHOUT evidence.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 10:56am

09philj

09philj

1,776 posts

A valid legal activity for a gun. Some masked dude runs into a department store with a shotgun, he is currently focused on the cashier telling him/her to shove the bag full of money, you see he is skiddish and if anybody does anything he might shoot and in turn kill that pearson, so you take precossions and take out the 44 Magnum from your pants and blow his head off, all uncertanty cleared and you just stopped a potential murderer and robber

This situation could be avoided if guns were illegal in the first place.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 12:44pm

Mickeyryn

Mickeyryn

249 posts

The Second Amendment of the US Constitution.
I think that Quakers would like everybody to reserve their arms for peaceful purposes. We have little chance of getting a Quaker president because we are a minority in favour of choosing other ways of dealing with conflict than using violent means to settle disputes. I decide to abstain from this debate and let those in favour of the use of firearms for conflice resolution come to whatever compromise they choose. I will follow you in silence. Respect.

Not the Amish Mobsters, if there even is an Amish Mob.

You shouldn't take away our rights to have a gun. After all, it is the second amendment. When people do attempt to ban/take away/restrict guns, people will keep breaking the new gun laws. It WILL happen. If they do end up taking the guns away, well **** me, I don't know what our country, Great America, has come to.

rayoflight3 said
You want us to carry a riot shield around?
Yeah, do you? Imagine going on an airplane with a riot shield. Wha...?

It is an amendment in the constitution, no one, NO ONE, can take it away.

And by the way, theEPICgameKnight, it already is in the WEPR forum.

Mickeyryn

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:07pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

You shouldn't take away our rights to have a gun. After all, it is the second amendment. When people do attempt to ban/take away/restrict guns, people will keep breaking the new gun laws. It WILL happen. If they do end up taking the guns away, well **** me, I don't know what our country, Great America, has come to.

Sticking to a law that is outdated is the worse possible idea. As society progresses, our values and needs change. Whilst the rest of the world has moved on with the right to bear arms being phased out, and as a result, seeing an increasingly low gun homicide rate, America does the opposite.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:32pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,374 posts

Knight

Sticking to a law that is outdated is the worse possible idea. As society progresses, our values and needs change. Whilst the rest of the world has moved on with the right to bear arms being phased out, and as a result, seeing an increasingly low gun homicide rate, America does the opposite.

Yep, typical Conservatives. They're obsessed with guns, are afraid of the rest of the World because they don't understand them nor do they care anyway.
When there's a conflict they want to shoot first then talk.
They want to keep living in the past, trust crooked corporations even though they often abuse people, hate the government when the president is Democrat.
Hate gays and are against abortion (telling other people what to do) but when it's about them they whine like babies if someone tells them they're wrong. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:35pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

Yep, typical Conservatives. They're obsessed with guns, are afraid of the rest of the World because they don't understand them nor do they care anyway.

Let's not go that way too. Many Democrats still want laxer laws.

Posted Dec 18, '12 at 1:36pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

Make guns difficult to obtain. Give guns coders so only their owners can fire them, and the shot is tracked. Guns are part of our modern society. They are impossible to get rid of. "Let's make guns illegal" is a stupid idea because voila, criminals are the only ones owning guns.

Sure, your ideas of peace and prosperity for all mankind. Except for one flaw. We're men. The most of us like power, and what bigger portrayal of power than a gun? When pointing it at someone, loaded and safety off, you hold the power of killing them, or at least seriously hurting them, at the touch of a piece of metal.

You can never get rid of guns, or murder, or violence. You can crack down on it, make guns harder to obtain, make them owner-secure, make them shot-tracking.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!