Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 3:18am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Butterfly knives are classy switchblades, and sure, they can be concealed, but having a one-handed knife can be a handy thing in situations where you need your other hand and a larger, blade-and-hilt knife would be too cumbersome, i.e. the construction profession. I think knives should be legal, because it isn't like criminals won't get them. And they are considerably less deadly then a gun in terms of range and ease of use (they are difficult to use compared to a gun)  so you may as well keep them perfectly legal.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 6:35pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

Butterfly knives are classy switchblades, and sure, they can be concealed, but having a one-handed knife can be a handy thing in situations where you need your other hand and a larger, blade-and-hilt knife would be too cumbersome, i.e. the construction profession. I think knives should be legal, because it isn't like criminals won't get them. And they are considerably less deadly then a gun in terms of range and ease of use (they are difficult to use compared to a gun)  so you may as well keep them perfectly legal.

They aren't allowed for anyone because if you make it legal for one specific group of people the rest will get jealous, there will be people who join just to get one then quit, and criminals will always have illegal weapons.
Balisong (butterfly) knives are illegal because they will injure you really easily. I don't see why people don't use folding knives that are easy to open. I have many and I can flip them open with one hand slighly slower than a switch blade or balisong. a

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 6:57pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

I'm not sure how this supports guns, because the same argument can be used against you.

and is used against them multiple times already. =)

It didn't matter what type of weapon his murderers had they still would have killed my brother.

from most other weapons he could try to run away from.

That's not the main reason for me.

exceptions there. but it is 1 of the biggest reasons given by gun lovers.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 1:31am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Balisong (butterfly) knives are illegal because they will injure you really easily. I don't see why people don't use folding knives that are easy to open. I have many and I can flip them open with one hand slighly slower than a switch blade or balisong. a

Um, I am pretty sure that any knife can injure you easily. It's a knife. Balisongs have a shorter blades compared to KA-BARs, or even kitchen knives.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 5:10am

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

exceptions there. but it is 1 of the biggest reasons given by gun lovers.

True. I was just letting you know where I'm coming from. That's all. I'm not a gun nut. If the government comes to take my guns away, I'll just vote the dummies out of office. Then, I'll go and pick my guns back up. It's pretty hard to pass laws the American people don't want. Kinda how a democracy works.

Um, I am pretty sure that any knife can injure you easily. It's a knife. Balisongs have a shorter blades compared to KA-BARs, or even kitchen knives.

I think he was referring to the flipping manipulation it takes to open one. I carried a balisong for a few months as my main utility knife and I never cut myself flipping it open. I just did a short simple flip to open and close it, nothing fancy. I did cut myself trying to do some aerials with it. It's the advanced tricks you can do with the balisong that can be dangerous. Though, its still safer than juggling knives or chainsaws and that hasn't been outlawed. They're illegal because of the negative stigma attached to them. The whole Hollywood movie mentality that every mugger/street tuff/rapist uses either a balisong or a switchblade.

There are balisongs with blades as long as the Kabar fighting/utility knife. Look up baliswords and check this link out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcsGY3cOok

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 6:17am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,069 posts

Knight

Balisong (butterfly) knives are illegal because they will injure you really easily. I don't see why people don't use folding knives that are easy to open. I have many and I can flip them open with one hand slighly slower than a switch blade or balisong.

That's not why they're illegal. Like Deth said:

They're illegal because of the negative stigma attached to them. The whole Hollywood movie mentality that every mugger/street tuff/rapist uses either a balisong or a switchblade.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 6:46am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Either way, there is not much point cracking down on a flip-knife, especially when its hilt needs to be longer then the blade just to effectively work as a folding knife. In my opinion, a drawn sword looks considerably more dangerous then a balisong, but let's follow Hollywood.
Anyway, should knives be relatively legal?

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:07pm

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

And now it begins

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=S02230&term=2013&Summary=Y&Text=Y

That is the New Yorks new gun control law, you may read it if you want. I feel sorry for those New Yorkers out there.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:18pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,569 posts

That is the New Yorks new gun control law, you may read it if you want. I feel sorry for those New Yorkers out there.

Why don't you pull out parts that you disagree with? I'm skimming through it but so far I don't see anything wrong with it.

Link btw

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:38pm

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

310 posts

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-- George Washington

Said the man who help founded this great nation.
Said the man who lead troops in a time of rebellion.
Said the man who was ten fold more educated than today's youth. Go ahead, ask them what the Bill of Rights are, ask them about their country, and its history and presidents. They don't know; they don't care. But they sure know how to put condoms on and use birth control.

People who are for extreme gun control are just uneducated. Its as simple as that. They have little to no experience with guns, and think that disarming people will actually stop crime. They are completely delusional. And apparently have no bearing in history.

Just liking prohibition stopped booze. It didn't. It made it worse.
Just like banning meth and crack; that didn't work.
Just like banning weed, that surely didn't work.
They are just uneducated.

Stalin, Hitler, and Mao disarmed their countries. Millions were killed thereafter. Believe REALLY need to read about Mao. That guy was a MONSTER.
History repeats itself. And anyone who thinks that it cannot happen to this country is a **** fool.

I will not disarm.
I will not register.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!