Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 11:37am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,024 posts

Knight

Oh and sorry for DP, but...

But now imagine that the government becomes corrupt and tries to establish a dictator or something. How would you defend yourself without a gun?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/33589142.jpg

... I couldn't resist ^^

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 11:51am

Solarisflair

Solarisflair

6 posts

LoL that pic is so true...

Besides, there are gun licenses to be acquired first. Even though the latest case has shown that some weapons do not need one, and that our gun legislations need to be updated (for several reasons).

I totally agree with that.

This argument is stupid. An untrained civilian population has very little chance against the American military's technological advantage, and training. It's stupidity is further increased by the implication that America will magically transform into a totalitarian state in which people will unite whole heartedly and resist.

If (hypothetically) the next president wanted to be a dictator it would be easy because of all the stuff Obama passed giving the president control over everything. But just because the order was sent out does not mean that all of the army would comply. And look at what happened in all those (2) African countries were the people rose up against there oppressive governments.

You have the backbone of a jellyfish.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 12:21pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20671015.jpg
After all of the work that those of us who support gun ownership put into making viable arguments, one person has to go and set off the alarm again.

Let me put this in bold:
I, as well as people such as Kasic, NoName and EmperorPalapatine do not support gun ownership because we're worried about governmental corruption. I don't even live in the US. We support gun ownership for reasons listed in the previous 59 PAGES

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 12:51pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Can you read? What I said means that we do not support gun ownership so that idiots can think they can overthrow the government. My god, do you have no literacy skills whatsoever? Also, both your posts are spam.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 1:10pm

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

Modified for, maybe. I'm not aware of any assault rifles that were developed for the sole use of competition shooting. Link some if there are any...

Well, some, mainly AR type rifles, are built from the factory designed for competition. I suppose you could call them modified but it's a thin line. I'm not aware of any rifles that were designed from scratch (not using an existing rifle design) and built solely for competition. Link to Colt CRE-18 competition rifle

Swords aren't guns. For one, they're highly conspicuous, and they are heavy. There's also a lot less of them out there, and what sports do use swords usually use specialized ones and aren't lethal.

I wasn't saying swords and guns are the same, by any means. I was saying that both were originally intended for no other purpose but to kill.

Well, in many ways it does. Owning a military grade weapon is essentially pointless, even if it were modified for competition, the potential to cause harm is far greater than that of a handgun. As many of us have said before, we're not advocating the banning of guns, we're advocating stricter gun control policy. Background checks, reducing the type of weapons available to civilians, that sort of thing.

Why is owning a "military grade weapon" pointless? Personally, I own and do a lot of things that are mostly pointless. The potential is there, but why go after assault rifles? How does it help anything to ban assault rifles when a handgun is used in the majority of killings. If you said a ban on handguns, I might not agree but I would at least understand the reasoning.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 1:15pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

If (hypothetically) the next president wanted to be a dictator it would be easy because of all the stuff Obama passed giving the president control over everything. But just because the order was sent out does not mean that all of the army would comply. And look at what happened in all those (2) African countries were the people rose up against there oppressive governments.

Which African countries? Africa has several countries.

Your hypothetical situation has no merrit. Simply because you claim something to be hypothetical does not mean that it is reasonable. Hypothetical senarios must be based around logic, reason and probability. Otherwise it devolves into what you're saying, which is utter nonsense.

Using your logic I could say hypothetically we should all carry guns because they'll help in the midst of a dragon attack.

Give me a reasonable situation where America has the potential to become a totalitarian state.

You have the backbone of a jellyfish.

Why? Because I trust the Canadian government to not be crazy?

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 1:57pm

Deth666

Deth666

670 posts

Using your logic I could say hypothetically we should all carry guns because they'll help in the midst of a dragon attack.

I prefer the Schwartz
http://www.billpullman.org/film/spaceballs/S14.jpg

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 4:27pm

Solarisflair

Solarisflair

6 posts

Can you read?

Yes

What I said means that we do not support gun ownership so that idiots can think they can overthrow the government.

I have no issues with that.

My god, do you have no literacy skills whatsoever?

I just don't understand why you keep contradicting yourself. Try them instead of we next time.

Also, both your posts are spam.

Says the guy with the stupidity everywhere pic.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 4:58pm

xxcommandoxx97

xxcommandoxx97

11 posts

Number 1: I havent been keepin an eye on this but here it goes.
The 2nd ammendment was meant for the citizens of the US to be able to fight and revolt against a tyrannical government. For instance a repeat of the American Revolution. I will quote Thomas Jefferson here "If the government fears the people there is liberty but if the people fear the government, it is tyranny." Now what do we live in??? I'll be it the military has advanced technnology but do you really think our own military will turn their guns on their fellow people? There will be some who just want their paycheck and theyll support it and thats a dictatorship or tyrannical government. You dont support us we will kill you or take your pay. More than likely the first. If we have enough stand up against it, it won't happen. There are 80 million gun owners in the U.S. I dont think the U.S. government can manage that and we have some of the military on our side. This is why I support the Libertarian party and Ron Paul, and the NRA. Look up Gary Johnson, Ron Paul and Alex Jones on Youtube. Here a couple links you can actually look at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMp6VCmK … E
These
are all good videos, please watch them. Bottom line: We live in a tyrannical government and we need to step up to this! RON PAUL!

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 5:01pm

xxcommandoxx97

xxcommandoxx97

11 posts

My post with the video links did not work right but this is the one I really want everyone to see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRX3fUwUtIE

RON PAUL!!!!

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!