Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 11:51pm

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

[url=http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gun-recovery-20130219,0,4755532,full.story]

Apparently they are taking people's guns.... People who aren't legally allowed to have them. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 11:52pm

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

oops... link fix
Here

Posted Feb 19, '13 at 12:06am

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

Apparently they are taking people's guns.... People who aren't legally allowed to have them. I think this is a step in the right direction.

The fact that it's news that people getting illegal guns taken from them only highlights the problem. We're far too lax on gun control.

Posted Feb 25, '13 at 11:56pm

octagonapuss

octagonapuss

7 posts

one no fing way in reading all that but in one of the amendments it says every state is to have a controlled millita so if we made it to ware only the CONTROLED millita hade guns then thare you go

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 12:13am

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

so if we made it to ware only the CONTROLED millita hade guns then thare you go

A militia is a collection of civilians. A controlled militia would be all civilians authorized by the government to carry a firearm and use it at their own discretion.

In other words, you're saying the people allowed to have guns should be made to be allowed to have guns. Not really helping anything.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 12:21am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

Man I feel prescient...
Stephen Colbert said on his show tonight (roughly): "Well sure, my family is less safe with a gun in the house, but isn't that a small price to pay for my family's safety?"

He was referencing a study that showed households with guns are at greater risk of homicide. Which was the argument I made here last month.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 12:26am

Getoffmydangle

Getoffmydangle

151 posts

one no fing way in reading all that but in one of the amendments it says every state is to have a controlled millita so if we made it to ware only the CONTROLED millita hade guns then thare you go

You'd be talking about the 2nd amendment of the constitution I'm assuming. And that has about as much relevance in today's society as the part of the bible that says its a man's right to beat his female slaves so long as said beating doesn't kill them within 3 days.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 8:08am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

A controlled militia would be all civilians authorized by the government to carry a firearm and use it at their own discretion.

and here is the problem.

the government hand out authorization faster then santa hands out candy.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 2:08pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Guns are our last freedom. We're Americans. They have a gun license for a reason, isn't that enough?! The government wants to rid of them so if they pull something, we can't fight back. Guns are what make us free Americans! Are you just gonna let them destroy our amendments?!

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 2:11pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

They keep putting out fake stories on the news about shootings, just to scare us. Most of them are made up or framed. One supposedly happened on my street, but i didn't hear anything! It's so fake! The Illuminati wants full control. Don't give it to them!

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!