Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted May 10, '13 at 9:17am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,006 posts

Knight

Yes, terrorists will love a sh¡tty plastic piece of junk that can fire one round that will probably miss and wouldn't be terribly powerful anyways.

A gun is a gun. It works, and it can kill.

Printers are only going to get cheaper, already the cheapest is around a 1000 dollars. Whilst such guns might not concern Americans, since millions of those infernal things are already circulating, I would support legislation to ban such blueprints in my country, and most other countries with strict gun laws already. Letting people have cheap access to weaponry through the click of a button is ghoulishly dangerous and menacing.

do you even know the power of the 3d printer? or is this the 1st time you heard of it?

Yup, if they can print a Stradivarius violin, the printer's technology must be pretty advanced.

Posted May 10, '13 at 1:45pm

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

insert piece of metal later? why would they do it befor and be detected when they can do it after and be undetected?

As far as I know, we don't have plastic bullets yet.

Yup, if they can print a Stradivarius violin, the printer's technology must be pretty advanced.

There are people working on printable cars, which makes a gun seem ridiculously easy to make.

Posted May 10, '13 at 2:10pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,027 posts

Knight

Letting people have cheap access to weaponry through the click of a button is ghoulishly dangerous and menacing.

Which is my biggest concern about all of this, along with a virtual lack of control over who's printing what.

Posted May 10, '13 at 2:16pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,988 posts

Knight

Now that's a good use of a 3D printer.
You can't kill anybody with a violin, unless you play so bad, you might kill someone's ears. xD

Posted May 10, '13 at 4:55pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

A modified version of this coated with some supporting material(glue wax etc).
and a little bit increased power can probably kill a man.

Posted May 10, '13 at 6:54pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Please don't hate on me everybody, like you always do.  I just think guns are a necessary.  There will always be crazy people, and whether they have guns or not, they will kill people.  Self-defense and lots of  recreational activities (gun ranges, hunting) require guns.  Terrorists will somehow get guns, by smuggling or so, and if we don't have guns, then there will be no way to defend ourselves.  The government, which should have guns, shouldn't be the only ones.  They're people, just like us.  I think as long as we're licensed, we should be allowed guns.  I'm not hating or saying anything wrong, so i don't want anyone trolling or hating on me. (Kalic, Palpatine, Hahiha...)

Posted May 10, '13 at 7:23pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

it doesn't just print plastic. you can use almost any material in the concept.
and as punisher said. it doesn't matter what material it is made of, it matters what it does. wich is killing. (where we go back to the topic that ive made my point very clear on befor (if you wanna know check back the pages))

There are people working on printable cars, which makes a gun seem ridiculously easy to make.

1st full size houses are beining printed.

I just think guns are a necessary.

it isn't, it is only a necessary when you make it a necessary.
if it really was a necessary then how come the EU for example can do perfectly whitout guns?

The government, which should have guns, shouldn't be the only ones.  They're people, just like us.

they are trained people. you are not trained to handle a gun.

Self-defense require guns.

hmm no, it does not. a gun in self-defence has a high probability of escalating the situation instead of ending it.

Terrorists will somehow get guns, by smuggling or so,

just 1 question, you call every criminal a terrorist?

I think as long as we're licensed, we should be allowed guns.

no control on who are getting a license? just happily hand out licenses for everyone who wants one? like the government has been doing for decades.
thats next to no control...

Posted May 10, '13 at 7:31pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

I know that you must have not been able to play with toy guns when you were a child, or ur just a big liberal, but don't take it out here.  Terrorist just means someone causing terror, so yeah, any criminal with a gun.  Also, I'm a kid, so I'm not trained with guns, thanks for pointing out the obvious.  Also, if a criminal has a gun and is in your house, threatening your family, I don't think taking a knife to a gunfight is a good idea.  And then maybe the government should be more careful when giving out licenses, in stead of just being lazy and banning them all together. :)

Posted May 10, '13 at 7:56pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Also, I'm a kid, so I'm not trained with guns, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I know that you must have not been able to play with toy guns when you were a child, or ur just a big liberal

the little i know about you, the little you know about me.

Terrorist just means someone causing terror, so yeah, any criminal with a gun.

i already see the next headliner: "robber convicted for terrorism"
let's not mix up small criminals whit terrorist, oke?

Also, if a criminal has a gun and is in your house, threatening your family, I don't think taking a knife to a gunfight is a good idea.

the smartest thing is to work along whit the robber and give him whatever he wants. there is no need to "defend" yourself and end up dead.

And then maybe the government should be more careful when giving out licenses, in stead of just being lazy and banning them all together. :)

get yourself a bit informed and see that they dont want to ban it all together. neither does nearly anyone here have the idea to ban them all together.

Posted May 10, '13 at 8:04pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

I know that you must have not been able to play with toy guns when you were a child, or ur just a big liberal

Er, what? Being against guns is not a liberal stance at all. Liberalism logically encourages firearm freedom. God I hate these stupid terms.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!