Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted May 10, '13 at 9:56pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Also, if a criminal has a gun and is in your house, threatening your family, I don't think taking a knife to a gunfight is a good idea.

Sometimes it works too well.

the smartest thing is to work along whit the robber and give him whatever he wants. there is no need to "defend" yourself and end up dead.

Not always the case. See above.

Posted May 10, '13 at 10:00pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,648 posts

Knight

The guns use real bullets.

Please don't hate on me everybody, like you always do. I just think guns are a necessary. There will always be crazy people, and whether they have guns or not, they will kill people. Self-defense and lots of recreational activities (gun ranges, hunting) require guns.

Hunting in frontier regions yes. Self-defense? Only in America do people feel so insecure in the First World that they need guns. Western Europe, Japan, etc, they don't see the urge to utilise such tools to ensure their freedom. Irony.

Terrorists will somehow get guns, by smuggling or so, and if we don't have guns, then there will be no way to defend ourselves.

It has been statistically proven that you will more than likely be shot, compared to spared if you're unarmed.

The government, which should have guns, shouldn't be the only ones. They're people, just like us. I think as long as we're licensed, we should be allowed guns. I'm not hating or saying anything wrong, so i don't want anyone trolling or hating on me. (Kalic, Palpatine, Hahiha...)

Rebutting is not the same as trolling. That's just a cheap way of saying our arguments are invalid. Furthermore, controlling the government with your pitiful small arms is one of the arguments that always never holds water with me. For God's sake, it's the world's most powerful military. Try shooting an F-35 down with a hunting rifle.

Also, I'm a kid, so I'm not trained with guns, thanks for pointing out the obvious. Also, if a criminal has a gun and is in your house, threatening your family, I don't think taking a knife to a gunfight is a good idea. And then maybe the government should be more careful when giving out licenses, in stead of just being lazy and banning them all together.

Aside from controlling the legal supply of guns, you don't actually think the government won't implement parallel measures? No! They need to clamp down on illegal guns, increase and improve the police force, yada yada, such that criminals have far less access to guns.

Posted May 10, '13 at 10:10pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

party devil, those were some of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen. I'm sure anyone will agree, even if they don't like me or my points.

Posted May 10, '13 at 10:12pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,648 posts

Knight

party devil, those were some of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen. I'm sure anyone will agree, even if they don't like me or my points.

Thank you. That was the most worthless argument we've seen.

If you want a proper discussion, at least come up with a reason ok? Doesn't need to be poor or a solid reason, at least put up some words to rebut.

Posted May 11, '13 at 12:18am

Moe

Moe

1,777 posts

it doesn't just print plastic. you can use almost any material in the concept.
and as punisher said. it doesn't matter what material it is made of, it matters what it does. wich is killing.

If you have metal bullets, the gun is detectable. And since we only have metal bullets, or at least metal casings, you can't take the printable gun anywhere you couldn't take a regular gun.

Posted May 11, '13 at 12:49am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,648 posts

Knight

If you have metal bullets, the gun is detectable. And since we only have metal bullets, or at least metal casings, you can't take the printable gun anywhere you couldn't take a regular gun.

That doesn't make it anymore legal. It allows easy access to a potential weapon, weak as it may be, it's still a gun, to people who in the first place, might not be able to buy them, i.e weapon sales background check.

Posted May 11, '13 at 7:29am

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

party devil, those were some of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen.

at least i have arguments.

your just dodging everything. you are sticking you fingers in your ears and go LALALALALA. your unable to respond to actual points.
and befor saying anyone agree's whit you, you might want to read some of the posts for a change. take 15 mins and read some pages of the topic....

Posted May 11, '13 at 7:31am

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

plz. explain to me what the material matters?
is it gun or not? does it shoot deadly projectiles or not?

Posted May 11, '13 at 10:14am

endlessrampage73

endlessrampage73

2,553 posts

I don't think making guns illegal will do much to protect people. People who want the guns for protection will not have them, and people who want guns for killing will just obtain them illegally.

Posted May 11, '13 at 10:39am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,648 posts

Knight

I don't think making guns illegal will do much to protect people. People who want the guns for protection will not have them, and people who want guns for killing will just obtain them illegally.

That's only the case when gun control policies are only limited to gun controls, but not expanded to parallel policies of seizing upon sources of illegal guns and stamping them out.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!