Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted May 11, '13 at 1:47pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

I'm guessing probably because you need the right chemicals to make gunpowder.....then again, since when is that a barrier to people?

Posted May 11, '13 at 4:26pm

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

Yes, but that would be illegal. That's a whole different ball game, since money and ability to purchase aren't about the same issue.

Legality doesn't stop the kind of people that buy guns for the purpose of going out and hurting others.

just a matter of time.
they can print stone, so why no stone bullets?

You would still need a replacement for the casing.

Posted May 11, '13 at 8:00pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

You would still need a replacement for the casing.

is it really that hard to acknowledges this all can be printed? just give it some more time. the technology has just started to grow.

Posted May 11, '13 at 10:07pm

crazyape

crazyape

501 posts

The Shopkeeper nods. "I have just the thing for you, I guarantee you cannot get any more personal protection than this baby right here. What i'm about to show you offers so much protection, it can stop a shotgun shell."

I'll open with the statement that people should not have guns. No one at all, except the armed forces, and even then, keep the guns on the bases. Cops should carry riot shields and armor instead of guns. If they need crowd control, use Water Cannons.

Yes, I'm going to walk/bike/commute/drive to work with KEVLAR, riot shield and a master blaster.

To address the whole idea of gun control laws....

http://wac.450F.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/961wodz.com/files/2012/12/GunControlMeme.jpg

Posted May 11, '13 at 10:20pm

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

is it really that hard to acknowledges this all can be printed? just give it some more time. the technology has just started to grow.

Yes, it means we need to put plans in place to control it when it happens, and maybe some ways to control it now.  But the current printable guns are less of a threat than the normal guns criminals already use.

Posted May 11, '13 at 10:29pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

Legality doesn't stop the kind of people that buy guns for the purpose of going out and hurting others.

Yes, I'm going to walk/bike/commute/drive to work with KEVLAR, riot shield and a master blaster.

Seems like it has done pretty well in other nations.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/files/2012/12/Screen-shot-2012-12-14-at-2.14.17-PM.png

Stay in your own myths that stamping out sources of guns and gun ownership will only harm legal owners and not criminals. This logic that criminals don't follow laws makes no sense whatsoever, because if that is true, then what is the purpose of a law? People who have the intention of committing a crime will already do so, and people who don't, will somehow, mysteriously, miraculously, enigmatically, not want to do so, due to some natural, intrinsic reason. Laws then, in your logic and context, have no meaning, because they stop no one.

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:41am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

Well then..if that is your argument..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=574791645876038&set=a.115013885187152.12534.114270361928171&type=1&relevant_count=1

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:42am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

Woops..let's try again

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/405896_574791645876038_2119110762_n.jpg

Posted May 12, '13 at 1:12am

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

Stay in your own myths that stamping out sources of guns and gun ownership will only harm legal owners and not criminals. This logic that criminals don't follow laws makes no sense whatsoever, because if that is true, then what is the purpose of a law? People who have the intention of committing a crime will already do so, and people who don't, will somehow, mysteriously, miraculously, enigmatically, not want to do so, due to some natural, intrinsic reason. Laws then, in your logic and context, have no meaning, because they stop no one.

I don't get why I was quoted for this response, since I've never argued that guns laws are useless.

This logic that criminals don't follow laws makes no sense whatsoever, because if that is true, then what is the purpose of a law?

I'm sorry, what?  If you are a criminal you broke the law.  You can't be a criminal by obeying laws, and if you broke the law you aren't following laws.

People who have the intention of committing a crime will already do so, and people who don't, will somehow, mysteriously, miraculously, enigmatically, not want to do so, due to some natural, intrinsic reason.

So the only thing keeping you from killing, or stealing, or harming, or whatever law you might break, is the law itself?   

Laws then, in your logic and context, have no meaning, because they stop no one.

They stop the people who are on the fence, or don't want to face the consequences.  They don't stop people who have no desire to do what the law prevents, because they wouldn't be doing it anyways.  They also don't stop the people who really want to do whatever the laws says not to, or who don't care about the consequences.  None of this means we shouldn't have laws, but it means we have to realize people will break them, which is why we have predefined consequences for such people.

Posted May 12, '13 at 1:28am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

I'm sorry, what?  If you are a criminal you broke the law.  You can't be a criminal by obeying laws, and if you broke the law you aren't following laws.

What nicho is saying is a response to the sort of logic seen in crazyape's picture

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!