Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 5:33pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

I don't think that did much to argue. Sure, sometimes being a smartass helps in an argument, but probably not here.

The point is..the argument that anti-gun laws aren't going to stop criminals (because they'd break them anyways) is the same logic as saying having laws aren't going to stop criminals (because they'd break them anyways).

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 5:41pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Accidentally bypassed the sensor... whoops!

The point is..the argument that anti-gun laws aren't going to stop criminals (because they'd break them anyways) is the same logic as saying having laws aren't going to stop criminals (because they'd break them anyways).

I know that. I'm just saying it probably won't get to him. He thinks in the mentality that criminals are willing to break any law, so obviously whatever you're going to say is going to be misunderstood or demeaned by him. Not saying he's dumb, but he has a different worldview.

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 5:56pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

He thinks in the mentality that criminals are willing to break any law, so obviously whatever you're going to say is going to be misunderstood or demeaned by him. Not saying he's dumb, but he has a different worldview.

Ah..so even more of a reason for me to be a sarcastic smartass =D

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 6:12pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,075 posts

Knight

Banning guns will only harm the people who follow the laws.  Criminals are already breaking laws, so why would they listen to the anti-gun laws?

This line of thinking implies that availability of guns stays the same. But restriction measures should apply on that level too, of course. You cannot say to people, "buy less guns" and still offer ****loads of them all the same.

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 7:42pm

Wyrzen

Wyrzen

325 posts

I'd much rather have a gun in the house and feel safe then not have a gun and know there's a potential that a criminal could break in with a gun. I'd like to be on even grounds at least with the criminal in question. And if the criminal doesn't have a gun, well then you're in control of the situation. But if you don't have a gun and they do...

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 2:37am

BRF321JOJO

BRF321JOJO

102 posts

ok no one read that whole paragraph unless you are *****ked up
and second of all no one here on armor games has a gun un less again you are way too old t be playing armor games

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 2:52am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

and second of all no one here on armor games has a gun un less again you are way too old t be playing armor games

1) wa-flag has some guns..and he is early teens

2) AG is for all ages

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 3:15am

SSTG

SSTG

11,110 posts

Knight

Yeah,even old people hang out on AG.
Hey what I am doing here?
Who are you? Help there's a stranger in my house! What, you're my GF?
Oh darn, I lost my mind again, let's go buy a gun!
No I don't have Alzheimer, I'm just old!
Zzzzz (the old man fell asleep).

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 4:00am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

no one here on armor games has a gun un less again you are way too old t be playing armor games

In my state, you can legally go hunting with a long-gun with close parental supervision by age 10 and hunt on your own with a rifle or shotgun by 14 after passing a safety class.

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 4:16am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

too old t be playing armor games

WTF?

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!