Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 1:05pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,228 posts

do you lie in bed every night aiming at the door ready to shoot as soon some1 pops his head inside?

That's not what he meant, and you know it.

Posted Jul 16, '13 at 3:21pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

That's not what he meant, and you know it.

like he didn't take my sentence out of context. haha xD

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 1:15am

benman113

benman113

331 posts

I agree. And if gun control is taken to the max, you know who's going to still find and own guns? The bad people. Sure a riot shield is a great thought. Until there are two of them in your home. And how are you supposed to defend the rest of your family or loved ones? Or they come up and use the shield against you. And how is a crossbow different than a gun? You can still kill people with it, very effectively.

A crossbow is not semi automatic, and it does not have the stopping power or range that a rifle does. When you refer to bad people I think you mean criminals I honestly don't fear criminals breaking into my house I fear governments. I would only ever use my weapon if there was a dire need to defend myself from a government be it mine or an invading force. I view the second amendment as something that was put in place to make sure the people have the power to revolt if their government ever becomes too authoritarian, so I imagine having to fight soldiers in that case and I definitely don't want to do that with a crossbow.

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 2:22am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,934 posts

Knight

I view the second amendment as something that was put in place to make sure the people have the power to revolt if their government ever becomes too authoritarian, so I imagine having to fight soldiers in that case and I definitely don't want to do that with a crossbow.

Crossbow, pistol, rifle, whatever you have, do you really think you can oppose the military (an organized structure of trained, well-equipped soldiers) with it?

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 2:41am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

I view the second amendment as something that was put in place to make sure the people have the power to revolt if their government ever becomes too authoritarian,

After WWI, it's a bit late for that. And with all the succession plans in place, it's just about impossible to slay the hydra.

Crossbow, pistol, rifle, whatever you have, do you really think you can oppose the military (an organized structure of trained, well-equipped soldiers) with it?

Agreed. The most that ordinary people could do is watch their Molotovs and bullets bounce off an Abrams.

Posted Oct 25, '13 at 7:51pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,753 posts

Knight

I thought I would bring this.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 … manchester
Remember those idiots who shared plans to build a 3D gun on the Internet?
There you have it!

Posted Oct 25, '13 at 9:50pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,228 posts

I thought I would bring this.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013 … manchester
Remember those idiots who shared plans to build a 3D gun on the Internet?
There you have it!

Oh god why did you revive this thread? It's been proven time and time again in this thread that we can't get rid of guns now.

Officers found what were thought to be a plastic magazine and trigger which could be fitted together to make a viable gun. They said the haul also included a quantity of gunpowder.

There have been suggestions on some websites that the parts were not gun components but printer parts " a spool holder and a drive block. Police said they were still concerned about the finding because they suspected the parts may have other uses.

Also, it has not been proven that those are gun parts yet. They THINK they are gun parts, but the forensic examiners are still looking at them.

Posted Oct 25, '13 at 10:14pm

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,057 posts

Ohhh..Ehhhh....GUNS!!!!

Posted Oct 25, '13 at 10:23pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,753 posts

Knight

Oh god why did you revive this thread? It's been proven time and time again in this thread that we can't get rid of guns now.

What are you scared someone might try to take away your arsenal? :O

Posted Oct 25, '13 at 11:41pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,228 posts

What are you scared someone might try to take away your arsenal? :O

Are you cared that the big bad republicans are going to destroy everything? Because it seems like you talk about them like they are Hitler.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!