Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 5:42am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,046 posts

Knight

I will take advantage of this revived thread, before it is killed again, to post this interesting study done in my country:

Change in Suicide Rates in Switzerland Before and After Firearm Restriction Resulting From the 2003 “Army XXI” Reform

It isn't about homicides, it is about suicides. And in this case, gun availability does have an effect. To what extent this finding can be applied to the homicide debate, I don't know; but maybe someone would like to discuss this?

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 6:18am

danielo

danielo

1,395 posts

Lets just put it on again - these things are meant to kill peoples. KILL.
These are not toys, and no one should use them, other then governments organizations, in which they are under the suprevision of some other offices.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 9:38am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Lets just put it on again - these things are meant to kill peoples. KILL.
These are not toys, and no one should use them, other then governments organizations, in which they are under the suprevision of some other offices.

they can be allowed for protection, hunting and sport.
-protection: https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1381387_307247706081133_1752312802_n.jpg is not true.
but if you live in the nowhere of alaska for example. with bears and such all around you. then it's exceptional you want to defend yourself if needed. (so not a small towns or big city's that animals mostly stay away from) but of course is some big machine gun way to much. ;)
-hunting: if you live as remote as the example above. then it's exceptional that you hunt your own meat instead of driving miles and miles to the nearest store.
-sport: it can be enjoyable to shoot a gun. so that it is a sport is logical. and if you shoot only for the sport then thats fine.
however what is the sport in shooting a machine gun? the sport is hitting the target. a sports gun looks nowhere like a m-16, ak-47 or whatever gun. they are overpowered bb guns. with like a million settings for different distances and such. much more like a sports bow then a gun. that is what the actual sport is about. and those guns can be very well regulated. you have to be registered to a shooting club and your gun has to be store in your personal locker in a room in the clubhouse that will be locked after the day is over..

so, gun regulation/control is not banning guns. it's banning guns for those that dont need them. and if you want to play the sport or have a other good reason why you should have a gun. then we can look what we can do for you. i.e. are your reasons good enough? and can you proof your cause for them. if so, then we can allow it.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 3:45pm

danielo

danielo

1,395 posts

Guns are not sport. Driving a tank can also be fun. Or exploding things. Should we let peoples get these stuff?
I say no.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 4:12pm

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,049 posts

South Dakota rep wants to give teachers guns
Yeeeeehaw! Just to rub it in, I'm gonna quote.

Drenner, an instructor at several colleges, said she was concerned about the impact on potential confrontations with angry students, recalling on Friday how a student once screamed at her for mispronouncing his name.

"If he had a gun, the outcome could have been much different," Drenner said.

Because pointing a gun at a student for screaming at you is a great idea, right? Right?
Also, it's not like you people are ever going to kill anyone. Someone went on about how "if you were mugged, you could shoot the mugger". Things like this annoy me, because:
a). Muggers tend to be better at killing people than twats who think they can get away with murdering someone for nicking a wallet
b). That would be homicide, or possibly just assault if you're a bad shot.
c). Remember that study, with the marines? The one where only 20% or something could pluck up the courage to actually shoot someone, rather than just spray and pray? Those were marines, you're a normal person.
And no, guns are not for sport. Nor for protection. You want protection? Get a burglar alarm. A hunting rifle, I guess, is okay. But...

-hunting: if you live as remote as the example above. then it's exceptional that you hunt your own meat instead of driving miles and miles to the nearest store.

You have clearly never even killed a chicken. You do not go out and hunt wild buffalo. You know why? BECAUSE IF YOU ANNOY A BUFFALO, IT WILL IMPALE YOU. IF YOU ANNOY A HERD OF BUFFALO, IT IS TIME TO CALL THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 4:15pm

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,049 posts

And by "you won't kill anyone", I mean that a gun is almost useless to you because you lack the willpower to use it. It's not the same for a desperate, poor nutjob who will starve without your wallet.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 5:05pm

rychus

rychus

1,198 posts

If the Government succeeds in restricting guns, the criminals that are already breaking the law are NOT going to walk over and hand their guns to the government. Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 6:04pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,046 posts

Knight

Since when is restriction to gun availability for regular citizen supposed to apply for criminals?

Posted Oct 26, '13 at 8:01pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,060 posts

Knight

Since when is restriction to gun availability for regular citizen supposed to apply for criminals?

You know those gun lovers sees enemies and criminals everywhere anyway so...

Posted Oct 27, '13 at 1:05am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,984 posts

You want protection? Get a burglar alarm.

And wait 20 minutes for emergency services and law enforcement to maybe show up at the right house to investigate your brutal murder. Unless, of course, the police are the ones breaking in.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!