Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 10:04am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Gun homicides in the US are the highest per capita rate in the developed world by far. There are 88.8 guns per 100 people and 3.2 gun homicides per 100,000 people.

In 2011, there were 29,757 fatal accidents involving vehicles. The fatalities per 100,000 population? 10.39.
http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx
Vehicles are nearly three-times as deadly as firearms. We should probably regulate those first.

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 10:50am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,026 posts

Knight

Vehicles are nearly three-times as deadly as firearms. We should probably regulate those first.

As you stated last page, vehicles are already more regulated than guns. Saying there is no need to regulate guns as they cause less deaths would be a wrong conclusion.

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 10:59am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Saying there is no need to regulate guns as they cause less deaths would be a wrong conclusion.

Saying that I'm saying there is no need to regulate guns would be putting words in my mouth.

In my super sleep-deprived mind, the point was supposed to be that posting statistics isn't going to do anything. If I really wanted to, I could post statistics all day long. Yet what would be the point?
Also, I think I was going to mention something about it doesn't matter how much something is regulated due to people just being idiots/prone to unfortunate incidents.

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 11:16am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,026 posts

Knight

Also, I think I was going to mention something about it doesn't matter how much something is regulated due to people just being idiots/prone to unfortunate incidents.

People are idiots/prone to unfortunate incidents, yet I think it does matter how much something is regulated. It will never, ever, get you rid of the problem; but it does have an effect. Be it only 5-10% less deaths (totally invented those numbers).

The question is, is there only this one effect or do the regulations have other effects, maybe unwanted? I think that in the case of guns, there are not enough reasons to let firearms be so unregulated.

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 4:37pm

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

What?! But don't you know that ram-raids of your house can be stopped by getting into your car?

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 5:56pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Thanks for ignoring those two sentences.

dont act like you dont ignore the sentences you rather not respond on. xD
why i leave this topic alone again now. =)

Posted Nov 1, '13 at 10:51pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

dont act like you dont ignore the sentences you rather not respond on.

Then people shouldn't post in the forum meant for debates and discussions if they are going to cherry-pick what to respond to.

Posted Nov 2, '13 at 8:56am

danielo

danielo

1,383 posts

Then people should post in the forum meant for debates and discussions if theyare going to cherry-pick what to responed to

Thats what im doing!

BTW, my main fear from gun is not the paranoid house owners who shoot mexican who get too close to there property.
My fear is from these "Anti-government" peoples, like the shooter from Los-angels, who wanted to kill "security mans and pigs". These wierdos who belive thw government is after them, and who took Matrix and vendeta to seriously.
Retards...

Posted Nov 8, '13 at 6:49pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,983 posts

Knight

Posted Nov 9, '13 at 12:07am

Erabor

Erabor

69 posts

Rednecks at their best.

It has to be Texas, doesn't it?