ForumsNews and FeedbackForum Search Engine

6 2841
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

The forums need a search engine. The way Armor Games forums are set up just makes it impossible to find old topics that haven't been well received. Once it gets too far in, it's a goner. What I'm suggesting is a keyword search with four options: Search in Title, Search in Description, Search in Replies (which includes the description) and Search All. Make sense? I think it needs it because you might want to come back to an old thread.
Or for research purposes. Say you're in the courtyard and you want to discus Syria, instead of trawling through two grillion threads, just search "Syria" by title or description and see if there's any precedent. That way we won't get several dozen of the same post.
Kthxbai, Nerdsoft

• 6 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

This has already been suggested

Also..to be honest..it really isn't that hard to keep track of threads..especially with AG's low activity

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Community search engine

Short term solution. It searches everything in the community which includes replies, topics and anything else.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

@pangtongshu How was I supposed to know? I couldn't just search for it to see if it had been suggested!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I would enjoy an updated search bar, I'd like for it to have options so you could search for games, users, and threads.

There's an off-site search tool, but from my experience it doesn't work that well.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@pangtongshu How was I supposed to know? I couldn't just search for it to see if it had been suggested!

1) I was just letting you know

2) You could have checked back a few pages on the forum to make sure you weren't repeating something..
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I suppose so. Sorry pagntnogshu.
Also, I'm bad with names.

Showing 1-6 of 6