InTheSuperBlock
9 posts
Nomad

who plays TF2?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I do, usually as a sniper or pyro. Not very good at spy or medic, due to the former's sneaky ways, and the latter's support role.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I tried it a few months ago, I liked it, but my laptop doesn't handle games like that well. If I had a better computer, I'd definitely play it more often.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Ok here is what I have to say about TF2
First off the game is insanely old, The game is growing out of style and there are less good players in it now
Free to play (F2P) is really quite annoying, I bought the game and everyone else should have as well, Making it free adds a ton of players that are just plain not good at the game.
The item system has quite a few flaws and valve is trying to suck you into wasting your time and money:

Example of this is: 10 hours of game play before Thursday will yield 8-10 random items, most of the time these items are plain worthless and not items you will actually use. IF you are an F2P member than you will never get a really good weapon. Also playing more than 10 hours will not give you any more items so you will have to wait until the week is over.
If you dont buy items than the players that do buy items will always have the upper hand.

Waste of money: Lets say I have 8 boxes and I buy 8 keys (about 20 bucks) Most of the time I will end up getting a normal weapon which I can buy for .49 cents
So if I get a normal weapon every time from the crate then I will have about
8x.49 $4.00
Four Dollars worth of weapons so I will lose 16 dollars, and all of this is a profit to valve.

I think my biggest concern though is that the game start up time and connection time is really slow. I can have a graphics card that runs skyrim but TF2 always runs really choppy at the beginning and It can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to start the game and join a server and begin playing

That being said I do have some good things I would like to say:

The game is most of the time kept very fair
The game is free (although basic) so it keeps many people playing it
the servers are always in use
There are many game modes to keep the player satisfied
Many classes to atempt to get good at.
the achievements are great and let the player work toward something

I would have to say TF2 is a good game but I wouldnt recommend playing it before giving other games a chance

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

"Mmph mmmph mph-mph mmph mmmmph!"

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Free to play (F2P) is really quite annoying, I bought the game and everyone else should have as well, Making it free adds a ton of players that are just plain not good at the game.

No it doesn't. There's nothing to suggest the people who can fork out are good gamers.

You don't need to play with the pros. Just find a server with free players, or play with your friends.

"Mmph mmmph mph-mph mmph mmmmph!"

RUN!
xyugisx
xyugisx
5 posts
Farmer

I was playing at friends pc really nice game

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I love TF2, I have logged 1224 hours or so in a 2 and a half years and it is my favourite video game.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

No it doesn't. There's nothing to suggest the people who can fork out are good gamers.

You don't need to play with the pros. Just find a server with free players, or play with your friends.

I don't know if you were there when the game first changed to (free) but it was pretty hectic. There were so many people and when the game is completely team based, you will want a good team and if you have more than 4 people that really suck on your team then you can really tell that the team is being dragged down.

I mean dont get me wrong, I love to own some people every so often but when they are on your team it begins to haunt you. The same goes for team deathmatch in COD. There is always that guy that has 25-30 kills on one team and that team is almost always winning.
AllportHD
AllportHD
34 posts
Nomad

I have such a crappy laptop so it's really laggy but when i do play I love the pyro, heavy and spy!

Suren727
Suren727
11 posts
Peasant

Pyro makes great Spy-Crab!

portarto
portarto
87 posts
Herald

The only problem with TF2 is the need of new computer. Any new computer can handle it 60fps but older ones like my 2007 and 2004 computers can't. 2004 PC can't even run it and 2007 PC has changing fps. Sometimes 60, sometimes 20. I suggest buying a new PC so you can play it.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I used to play TF2 on so many different servers but I got tired of it. Now I just play TF2 dodge ball (The rocket shoots out of the middle of the map, and you have to air blast it with a pyro to the other team, trust me it take skill and fast reflexes because it gets faster and faster.) I lost interest in the game in general, I'm probably going to delete it off Steam.

Showing 1-13 of 13