Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

How will humans end?

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 9:47pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,287 posts

Humanity will survive until the end of the Universe, and die when the final sun explodes and kill the last ancestors who devolved into children who lived in metal spheres (source: Utopia, The Sound of Drums, and the other one)

YES I AM A WHOVIAN.

As for when it will actually end, no one can say.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 9:54pm

winmaster1

winmaster1

637 posts

The sun will die in approximately 4.7 billion years, that might be the answer, however, there could be more kinds of smart animals that will come alive in a few million years that could hunt people for food. I'm mostly interested in space things, so, there could a supernova from a large star a few light years away that will send radiations to earth and kill all the people. Or, it could be an asteroid, or comet that strikes earth and blows up dust in the air for years to stay. The dust will cover the sun, so plants can't grow and animals can't grow. Most animals survive by eating these. Here is an example star that will become a supernova in a few years. Betelgeuse is a red supergiant star that will end in a big bang. It will spread radiation and kill the people. It might form a black hole and suck up the sun. P.S. I used to watch space videos, so I know lots of space stuff.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 11:34pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,220 posts

As a society of course, a grenade launcher can still kill you.

You never know. How will life be like millions of years from now? It's not a far stick to shake to say we will have such individual protection against primitive technology.

Posted Dec 19, '12 at 11:39pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,287 posts

The sun will die in approximately 4.7 billion years, that might be the answer, however, there could be more kinds of smart animals that will come alive in a few million years that could hunt people for food. I'm mostly interested in space things, so, there could a supernova from a large star a few light years away that will send radiations to earth and kill all the people. Or, it could be an asteroid, or comet that strikes earth and blows up dust in the air for years to stay. The dust will cover the sun, so plants can't grow and animals can't grow. Most animals survive by eating these. Here is an example star that will become a supernova in a few years. Betelgeuse is a red supergiant star that will end in a big bang. It will spread radiation and kill the people. It might form a black hole and suck up the sun. P.S. I used to watch space videos, so I know lots of space stuff.

Betelgeuse is 643 LIGHT YEARS away, that means 643 years after it explodes for it to reach us, and by that time, I doubt that much will be left. (radiation is inversely related to the square of the distance I believe)

source for distance

to quote the Doctor, "What? What? What?"

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 1:39am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

Immortal meaning nothing known to science can destroy us.

Except for that big looming cloud of ultimate destruction known as the end of the universe

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 3:12pm

Cranium80

Cranium80

460 posts

No no no, the machines will achieve sentience and destroy mankind. It all starts in that building next to AG headquarters.....

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 3:58pm

masterperson2

masterperson2

16 posts

Bin Laden will invent fire an EMP Ray which disables all electronics. (Bin Laden is not dead, the one shot was a fake)

Posted Dec 20, '12 at 4:03pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,220 posts

Except for that big looming cloud of ultimate destruction known as the end of the universe

That's when we escape to another universe or perhaps "re-crunch" it ourselves.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 12:57am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

That's when we escape to another universe or perhaps "re-crunch" it ourselves.

The hell we gonna do that?

Or..am I safe to assume that you are assuming that since it is so far in the future they will possibly have means on doing so?

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 2:17am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,220 posts

Or..am I safe to assume that you are assuming that since it is so far in the future they will possibly have means on doing so?

Totally.

Ancient Rome/Greek had stories of gods on flying chariots, controlling lightning and being masters of psychology and love. Fast-forward two-thousand years later (even with the hundreds of years of potential technological growth lost by persecution). In the ancient Roman/Greeks' eyes, we have the powers of gods.

In our eyes, powers of gods would include terra"forming", inter-dimensional travel, spontaneous elemental production, immortality, and  . . . . . .

Reply to How will humans end?

You must be logged in to post a reply!