ForumsNews and FeedbackAutomatic clock for posting?

23 8163
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

O.K, so this may just be me being... lazy but, I think the posting on the threads should have the timer atoumaticly allow you to post after the 30 seconds. I forget sometimes and type up several paragraphs to just go down and see that it still says I have to wait (2-3 minutes after the timer should have run out). I know that the timer is importent to keep people from spamming but, could the timer end after 30 seconds go by without refreshing?

• 23 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't have an issue with this, but it could be more convenient.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

It's a good idea... I hate it when it just sits there past 30 seconds >.>

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Just right click on the paragraph after you drag the mouse over it and press copy. Then refresh the page.

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

But...but...but a dynamic time would be really nice :P

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

the refresh button

thats what you need my friend.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I have the refresh button, that is why I said it may just be me bieng lazy. I just think it would be convienent to have.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

When they did the update, they made the refresh button more tedious, as now you actually have to copy the text, which is annoying.

(Before you could just hit refresh and what you had written would stay there)

~~~Darth Caedus

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Let me put it like this:
If you make a post/comment and it takes you less than 30 seconds to get to another topic/profile to post....you're doing something wrong.

There is no way you can create a post or comment and in less than 30 seconds find another topic or such, read the post(s) and make any type of non-spam post.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

There is no way you can create a post or comment and in less than 30 seconds find another topic or such, read the post(s) and make any type of non-spam post.

In defense of myself...when I go to each forum section, I open up each thread that I'm interested in and go to whatever page I need to to read up on what I have missed the day before (new comments)...I then go through each one and read and comment if I feel like so. With this set-up..I have plenty of times where the 30 second wait becomes annoying as it doesn't wear off
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

So you waste minutes in the attempt to save seconds? Smooth. XD

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I wouldn't say I'm wasting minutes...I'm proactively opening each thread I plan on at least skimming through so I don't have to go back to the main forum area and open up another thread, then rinse and repeat

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It's not like there are multifarious threads to post in these days. 30 seconds is the bare minimum to roll out a decent size post.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't think they're complaining about the 30 second rule, rather have it automatically go away after 30 seconds have passed. Say I make submit this post then open several threads and type up responses, the time will remain there until I refresh. Can be bothersome at times.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

And if I happen to be on the RPG threads. Where you actually can respond in a matter of seconds. If I am on different ones and can manage to type up the response in less then 30 seconds?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I hate it when I need to wait another 30 sec. to comment,but when I post in a thread,I just refresh the page.The circular arrow in top of Chrome menu does miracles.My new record,four I's!

Showing 1-15 of 23