ForumsNews and FeedbackAutomatic clock for posting?

23 8144
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

O.K, so this may just be me being... lazy but, I think the posting on the threads should have the timer atoumaticly allow you to post after the 30 seconds. I forget sometimes and type up several paragraphs to just go down and see that it still says I have to wait (2-3 minutes after the timer should have run out). I know that the timer is importent to keep people from spamming but, could the timer end after 30 seconds go by without refreshing?

• 23 Replies
kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I posted about this same problem a couple days ago! im glad someone agrees with me about this inconvenience.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Also, I could easily click on a thread I thought was interesting, and if it had a small number of posts I would not have to refresh to get past the page. I could then spend the next 5 min maybe more to type something good up, but my timer still does not think I have gone past 30 seconds.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

This discussion seems to be going round and round in circles... ugh... the whole idea of the 30 seconds rule is pretty simple: put a stop to people multiposting in the forums for whatever reason.

If you are posting in the forum, it is about quality, not quantity folks. This means that the 30 second rule is more than sufficient to stop those that intent to post every thread to oblivion and provide no problem whatsoever to those writing a longer (quality-content) post for a single thread.

If you happen to have several threads opened at the same time and you wish to post in all of them, but the 30 second rule blocks this, simply refresh.

The rule is made for a clear reason and won't be disabled because users think it's an annoyance when they want to rush things. Take your time and enjoy the discussion I say! =)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The discussion isn't about removing the 30 second rule or complaining about it existing, rather have it automatically go away after 30 seconds have passed. It would be more convenient than refreshing all threads.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've seen several users complaining about the rule being in effect, hence my explanation about why it is there... and I don't think that installing a feature like this adds anything to the forums, other than users being too lazy to not having to click 'refresh' every now and then... sorry, but that's my perspective here. =)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

It's not being lazy if there's an inconvenience. It's definitely not a major issue, but it's one of those small ones that can be bothersome.

Say I open three threads, I type a response to the first and submit. Refresh the other two threads to see if there are new posts, then I type another response, but I have to highlight and copy the response then refresh before posting, repeat.

I don't know about you, but when I click on a section I prefer to open all threads that might interest me, instead of opening one at a time. It's a time saver, and if the timer automatically went away it'd save more time.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I completely understand what you mean GOM, even the fact that it can be a time saver here, but I simply don't see any cause for implementing such a feature. I highlight and copy everything before I press submit for years now and it doesn't bother me... =)

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yes, but I simply do not see any cause not to implement this. Is it that much of a hassle? At least with the whole implementation of AG3 it should be added.

Ever heard of this quote:
-''It's the small stuff that counts.''

It truly does.

Showing 16-23 of 23