ForumsSupport Forum[SOLVED] Can someone help me recover my saved game files?

21 6399
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

My saved games WERE ALL LOST!!! +_+

The reason is the Adobe Flash of Firefox somehow did NOT work ,so I must install FF again, then I lost all the saved games

but i just recalled that I read somewhere in the forum about the saved files are somewhere in the hard disk, NOT ONLY the cookies.....
So is any1 know anything about it? Is there any way to restore my saved files?

ah one more thing: I just think about transferring the saved files from Firefox to Google Chrome and vice versa..... but is it even possible?

• 21 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Did you clear your cookies? If you did they're gone and there is no way (that I know of) to recover them... And i don't know (if possible) how to transfer saved files. You might wanna try asking ModDayCee.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If you did they're gone and there is no way (that I know of) to recover them...

There are programs online to retrieve cookies if I'm not wrong.
70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

Did you clear your cookies?

i think when i re-install FF the cookies were removed automatically lah +_+

There are programs online to retrieve cookies if I'm not wrong.

then can u give me the link to that program, pretty plz?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Maybe this, I've never used it before. Thee again, not sure if saved files can be recovered this way.

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@nichodemus: tks for the link, but sadly, it is just a joke, bcoz in the end, the word "Play again" will appear lah :-P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

You need to download the problem man.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

There are several programs available for recovery of accidentally deleted files, in your case: cookies. Most of them are either free, or are a demo version of a program you need to pay for. For the last option you need to be aware that you can use a demo program up to a certain period of time or to the limit of files you can retreive, ok?

Here is a list of 15 programs you can either use for free completely or as a demo version for a certain period. I hope you can retreive your cookies with one of these! =)

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@MrDayCee: I tried the 1st one in the list and IT WORKED!!!!!
tks a lot for ur help dude XD

but about the "transferring the saved files from Firefox to Google Chrome and vice versa..... " is it even possible? 0_o

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I don't think this should be a problem as cookies are files that are made in such a way that they can be used with any kind of browser, or at least the 'big ones' like FireFox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Simply try to place them into the appropriate folders and run some games to see if they function properly. Again, I don't think it should cause any problems. =)

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

Simply try to place them into the appropriate folders

lol but the thing is I DUNNO WHERE THE SAVED FILES ARE +_+

I read in some forum thread before (but sadly dun remember which is this thread or its name....so cannot find it then) about the saved files for games lie somewhere in the HARD DISK, not only the cookies.......
but this is all i know :-P
so do u have any idea about this problem? or do u, by any chance, know that thread I mentioned?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think you are talking about this thread in particular. The user mentioned retreiving a file for the game called "Arcuz" and it had the .sol extention. This means you would have to look for the folder in which these cookies are saved and restore these files there.

You can do this by using the exact same method I suggested in that thread; play a certain game and then perform a search for the files last changed on your computer with the name of that game, for example: "Arcuz". Then restore the files to the folder you come up with that holds the new "arcuz.sol" file.

Could you please try this and see if this works for you? =)

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@MrDayCee: yeh i tried and found the saved files, but sadly it s not solve anything

To make things clear, I ll post 2 screen shoots about the same game- Chuck the Sheep in GC and FF

FF

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/70_70_70/ChucktheSheepFirefox_zpscaf35f2f.png

GC

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u558/70_70_70/ChucktheSheepGoogleChrome_zpsde5f1a7e.png

As u see, the game in FF has some quests done but the game in GC dun have any quest done, so that s y i said the saved files on FF NOT work for GC lah :-P

====> Is there any way to transfer, for example the saved file of Chuck the Sheep from FF to GC then? 0_o

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

No you can't I think. I only know how to transfer from computer to computer.

Taken from Kong, and using Gemcraft as an example,

1. Go to Folder Settings in Windows and turn hidden folders ON.

2. Next, go to

C:\\Users\\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\\AppData\\Roaming\\Macromedia\\FlashPlayer\\#SharedObjects\\SOME RANDOM LETTERS AND NUMBERS\\

3. There should be two folders, one named chat.kongregate.com and one named armorgames.com or a different website you played it on

4. Go to the armorgames.com one and copy BOTH giabGencraftPreferences.sol and giabGemCraftSaveData.sol over to the chat.kongregate.com. Overwrite any existing data there.

5. Youâre DONE! You can now pick up where you left off, and hopefully make progress towards the new badges (which WILL appear⦠eventually).

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@nichodemus; lol tks man XD
but based on ur explanation, I assume that u mean "from websites to websites", NOT "from computer to computer" lah :-P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What nichodemus explained is actually the same thing for either website-to-website or computer-to-computer... what you need to make sure of is that the files with your saved progress need to be the only existing ones in that particular folder. If you have more files, it could mean that the game picks the one with no progress and disgards the one with the progress. Check if the save files you need did overwrite the ones you don't need, ok? =)

Showing 1-15 of 21