Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Do you believe in Global warming?

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 3:52pm

fireangle

fireangle

133 posts

I personaly think the politics do talk about this to scare us. Everyone is worried about how to stop Global warming when what we should be more worried about wheather it is caused by man. I believe Global warming does exist but it is just natural cycle that the Earth's average temprature goes through. Earth naturally heats and cools as time goes on and I think we should except the change than rather stop it.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 3:56pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I prefer to call it climate change.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 3:58pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,028 posts

Knight

Climate change is a reality, a fact, and as you said, part of the natural cycles, as we are technically still in an ice age and warming up. However, humans do have an impact, that might not be as catastrophic as some portray it but surely will be detrimental to some animal species for which the change comes too fast.

You're also right in saying we probably won't be able to avoid it, and part of expecting the change is being ready to handle it, instead of sitting idly around. There will be implications.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 7:14pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,878 posts

Earth naturally heats and cools as time goes on and I think we should except the change than rather stop it.

Yes... And they act like we are the only generation that does this... xP Global warming has been happening ever since the first civilzations. And it's not like nothing freezes anymore xD

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 9:08pm

Jumpper

Jumpper

153 posts

you know what I kinda did.... until yesterday...... cuz when it is below freezing in Phoenix Arizona at 11 in the morning you know global warming isn't real.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 9:55pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

That hole in the ozone doesn't just sit around like a murderous Sarlaac mouth and do nothing.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 11:02pm

Ishtaron

Ishtaron

64 posts

That hole in the ozone doesn't just sit around like a murderous Sarlaac mouth and do nothing.

It also isn't having any major effect on the global temperature of the planet nor will it cause the end of the world in *insert current number of years until next apocalyptic prediction/generic 5 years until a changing climate destroys us all* the way environmentalists claim global warming will.  Yes pollution is a bad thing and finding a way to minimize it, or better yet end it, would be ideal but we aren't causing massive changes in the world's climate and nothing we are doing today will kill everyone any time soon unless someone launches every nuclear warhead in the U.S.

Posted Dec 21, '12 at 11:14pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

*insert current number of years until next apocalyptic prediction/generic 5 years until a changing climate destroys us all* the way environmentalists claim global warming will.

No respectable scientist in the right frame of mind has predicted such claptrap.
What they predict, is that our activities have caused significant changes in climate patterns that will haunt us in the long run.

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 11:13am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

I personaly think the politics do talk about this to scare us. Everyone is worried about how to stop Global warming when what we should be more worried about wheather it is caused by man. I believe Global warming does exist but it is just natural cycle that the Earth's average temprature goes through. Earth naturally heats and cools as time goes on and I think we should except the change than rather stop it.

do i believe in a fact.... yea i do.

is it caused by humans?..
no there is a natural cycle.
however humans certainly do speed up the process times a 100 if not more.
we see that the last 200 year and especially the last 60 year. the rate is sky rocketing. what nature would take a 1000 year, 200 year ago. now takes just 20 to 30 year. so humans sure are the cause that it changes faster now.

humans do have an impact, that might not be as catastrophic as some portray it

it is a threat to many people and it costs allot of money.
but as whit everything. some people take it over the top.

Global warming has been happening ever since the first civilzations.

not at this rate.

when it is below freezing in Phoenix Arizona at 11 in the morning you know global warming isn't real.

global warming is that the globe (earth) is overall warming up. this doesn't mean that it wont freeze anymore. the freezing is only 1 spot on the earth. it's not global freezing

It also isn't having any major effect on the global temperature of the planet

ozone's impact on climate consists primarily of changes in temperature.
the ozon layer retains heat in the stratosphere 30 to 50km above earth.
if the ozon layer has holes it retains less to no heat and thus does the sun warm the earth more.
and beside that has the hole other nasty effects on the earth.

this is also part the reason it still freezes in arizona. above arizona the ozon layer still retains heat so it can still be cold under it.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 9:58am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

you know what I kinda did.... until yesterday...... cuz when it is below freezing in Phoenix Arizona at 11 in the morning you know global warming isn't real.

It is real. And the thing is that while it is natural, life on Earth can't adapt fast enough. That's the problem.

Reply to Do you believe in Global warming?

You must be logged in to post a reply!