ForumsWEPRWestboro baptist church (Sign the petition)

65 6876
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
521 posts

Not sure if there is a thread on this anywhere but now that it is mandatory to look at a petition in the united states if it has over 25,000 signatures there is a movement to classify the Westboro baptist church as a hate group. This will remove their tax exempt status from the government and overall will help stop the stupid things that they do.

Currently there are over 200,000 signatures but I encourage all of you to sign here.

Now that I've said that, what do you guys even think about this stupid organisation? The things they do I think even normal religious people are against and is just terrible.

• 65 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,725 posts

I'll only sign it if they add Catholicism and Christianity to the list. Seeing as, you know, they have largely the same beliefs just put a little nicer.

Where do you the think fringe groups get their ideals, hmm?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

Little thing...

Am I incorrect to believe that if this was, say, an American-Islamic group protesting the same way (protesting homosexuals, military, Jews, Lady Gaga, etc) then the general populous would have a much bigger issue with it?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,725 posts

Of course. People would be outraged that those {insert slur here} were mucking around in 'our country.' Simply just for not subscribing to the 'normal' and 'right' religion.
It wouldn't even matter what they were being radical about. They could say that god hate kittens because people eat celery, or that several copies of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." need to be burned for some stupid reason.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,113 posts

I'll only sign it if they add Catholicism and Christianity to the list. Seeing as, you know, they have largely the same beliefs just put a little nicer.
Funny, I don't see Catholics going around calling everyone evil, rather, every other branch of Christianity calls US evil. (that is us, not United States)

Perhaps they should add Jack Chick to the list.

~~~Darth Caedus
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,725 posts

History speaks volumes about the Catholic church. Simply saying that the church does not openly admit to or speak about their past atrocities/current (Read: same as always) beliefs changed nothing.
Besides, the Catholic church has become more of a pandering diplomatic institution as opposed to an actual church these days. They've spent ages to put themselves in the good graces of nations across the world.
Yet I don't want to change the direction of the conversation.

The point is that with everything taken in account, they are not very different.

Showing 61-65 of 65