Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[ANS] Why was my thread locked?

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 2:08pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,405 posts

I had a thread in the tavern called the We're still alive party, It was not a copy of The End of the World party because it's about We're all alive, not It's the End of the World. No Mod posted anything on it, so I have no idea why it was locked.

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 2:14pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Because the topics we're meant to discuss are still essentially carbon copies of the End of the World Party.

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 3:11pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,789 posts

It would be much more effective to ask this on a moderators profile. Instead of creating a whole thread about it.

Posted Dec 22, '12 at 11:43pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,582 posts

No Mod posted anything on it, so I have no idea why it was locked.

Well there's already a "party" about everyone being dead/alive.

Also like killersup said no reason to make a thread about it, this is just going to get locked just like your other thread.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 2:28am

Kasic

Kasic

5,591 posts

No Mod posted anything on it, so I have no idea why it was locked.

They probably thought it was obvious why it was locked. They also were probably sick of the dumb end of the world threads anyways and it didn't cross their mind that someone didn't realize that making the 10th one that day would be considered a dup.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 2:20pm

beth14

beth14

4 posts

[b]This happend to me when I made, "Don't worry be happy" and someone made one after I did, yet they got to keep their forum. I got kicked off of the thing and my forum was deleted.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 5:53pm

ellock

ellock

296 posts

There is never a pointless reason for the mods to delete/lock a thread. There could have been spam on it (like extremely smll posts). There also could have been something, like, the fact that there was about 8 other threads like that. The other ones were probably locked to because they were copies. Plus, your idea was not original, you even mentioned the other thread that was almost identicle to yours. That is why the mod(s) locked it, and I would bet they will lock this one after it gets resolved.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 6:38pm

winmaster1

winmaster1

637 posts

It could be locked 'cause it was answered already, or somebody reported it needs a move or lock.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 7:45pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,762 posts

Normally a reason is always given as to why a thread is locked, either by adding a short code in the thread's title, or by a closing message in the thread. There are cases where a moderator could choose to simply lock a thread without notification.
In this case, I assume your thread was locked because of the repetitive nature of the topic which spawned several similar threads about the same topic, being 'the world hasn't ended-yay-we're still here'...

This thread will be locked as well, as it is not needed to make a thread about it. Simply asking a moderator about it on his/her profile and thus find out what happened to your thread is the best way, ok? =)