ForumsThe Tavern[ans]Does Armor Games even Enforce the 13 Year Old Policy?

7 2028
keeganp1234
keeganp1234
17 posts
Nomad

The title is self expanitory. I guess what Im looking to get out of this topic is an answer from a mod maybe.......

• 7 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: If you admit to being underage, another user can report you to Ferret, who will ban you. For example, about a month ago, red303 was perma-banned for being underage.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, although if you were twelve when you joined the site, then admitted that you were twelve after your thirteenth birthday then the moderators can do nothing.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

But why would underage users say that they are underage? I don't get the point. Someone please help me?

1) They're kids.
2) They're stupid.
3) They don't think someone will tell.
4) They don't realize that everyone can read their posts.
5) They never read the rules and don't know they need to be 13+
keeganp1234
keeganp1234
17 posts
Nomad

Well then....so the mods can do nothing to ban the -12 yr olds if they dont have any knowledge/the kids lie?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Well then....so the mods can do nothing to ban the -12 yr olds if they dont have any knowledge/the kids lie?

If the mods/admins don't know that they're underaged, they won't get banned for that reason.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

ArmorGames enforces the 13+ policy due to Federal Law. If we know you are 12-, we must act upon the account. If we are accused of allowing an underaged user with an account and we didn't know previously, we are protected with a "well, the T&C does state that you have to be 13+ to access this site..." as a first line of defense.

Showing 1-6 of 7