Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Petition To Deport Piers Morgan; "Libertarian" Debate

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 2:34am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,676 posts

We would Piers Morgan to stay in the USA, please.

Because there is nothing we love more than another Bill O'Reilly (who even made an attack on Penn about his deceased family members during a debate they were having)

---

My opinion? So what if he said we should repeal it...many Americans themselves state that the Amendment should be repealed..why does him being a foreigner make it any different?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 3:14am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

Because there is nothing we love more than another Bill O'Reilly (who even made an attack on Penn about his deceased family members during a debate they were having)

I hate O Reilly with all the contempt possible, but Piers is at least a Gooner, and he's a liberal. He's less angsty about politics, and at least tries to be objective in his work. O Reilly is just outright rude.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 8:51am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

My opinion? So what if he said we should repeal it...many Americans themselves state that the Amendment should be repealed..why does him being a foreigner make it any different?

I asked almost everyone what they thought the government should do if he were a citizen. They either dodged the question, or they stated that he should be taken to court.

Quite a few people support censorship when it comes to protecting the 2nd amendment. To them, speech is being abused to take away the rights of others, leaving said people defenseless. I argued that we must fight lies and misinformation with what we believe is truth, not censorship.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 10:57am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

this whole petition is retarded.

freedom of speech...., but not when it is about gun laws. then we can't say a thing.

people that sign this petition should start a church for their holy constitution.
and shut up.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 11:35am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

this whole petition is retarded.

freedom of speech...., but not when it is about gun laws. then we can't say a thing.

people that sign this petition should start a church for their holy constitution.
and shut up.

Someone commented me:

The First Amendment is no friend to Sedition, Subversion or Treason. Trust when I say, the government or it's people can act when someone openly try's to subvert the U.S. Constitution. Don't ever try to seek shelter under the Constitution while trying to dismantle it, ever!

This person, well, just read my response:

Treason? Sedition? The 1st amendment protects people's right to doubt the constitution, and to speak of changing the constitution. You're telling me not to hide under the constitution when people try to dismantle it, but I actually read the Constitution (you obviously never got past the Bill of Rights). Article 5 is evidence that our founding fathers knew people would criticize the constitution, and they actually left the government with a way to change it.

**** conservatism, I'm a libertarian.

The last bit about conservatism was more of a jab at this point. It's unprofessional, but It will allow me to debunk these goons further if they decide to bite.

This is a load of crap, I shouldn't have to defend freedom of speech from my own party! I don't care if the constitution defends non-citizens or not, our beliefs are rooted in the idea that censorship is wrong!

I've defended Westboro Baptist Church when it came to their freedom of speech, and it's understandable why people would feel safe putting barriers up for them. It's a very specific situation few people take advantage of. But to censor a foreigner for questioning our constitution? This one is a no brainer.

If anyone here knows of other so called "libertarians" who support the deportation of Morgan, please let me know. I need to know if other people who claim to share my ideology are in this to protect everyone's freedoms, or their own.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 12:10pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Oh, and for those of you interested.

Here's the video.

It's sickening, and this is someone whom I normally agree with.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 4:42pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,290 posts

Darn and blast! And we just managed to get rid of the blighter...

Normally I'd be firmly against such a blatantly sensationalist motion. But as a Brit who has had to suffer from his so called 'journalism' for years I empathise deeply with these libertarians. The man is insufferable and I don't blame them for wanting him gone yesterday.

(To clarify I agree that the arguments put forward for his deportation are ridiculous. I shouldn't worry though, pretty soon his big mouth will land him in a scandal large enough in scale to send him packing elsewhere to peddle his nonesense.)

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 5:47pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

I want Piers Morgan to stay in the USA because I live in England and I am glad that we are rid of this blot on the landscape while he is the other side of the Atlantic. I am also glad that we are free of Bill O'Reilly and that crazy man with blonde hair. Is it Hannity?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 6:21pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

How does that really add to the conversation? That's a (seemingly and near blatantly) biased opinion not backed up by anything. It's fine to have  opinions about than things, don't get me wrong. Yet here in  the WEPR they don't have a place especially when it is presented with no factual backing.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 6:52pm

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

Quite a few people support censorship when it comes to protecting the 2nd amendment. To them, speech is being abused to take away the rights of others, leaving said people defenseless. I argued that we must fight lies and misinformation with what we believe is truth, not censorship.

Not just the second amendment. It seems that an awful lot of political groups these days seem to demand censorship of their opponents.

Reply to Petition To Deport Piers Morgan; "Libertarian" Debate

You must be logged in to post a reply!